Variants Characteristic: in frontend ID of variant is displayed instead of value

  • Posts: 29
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #332296

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None

Hello

In my shoe shop I use variants to display shoe sizes.

If I add a new size in menu "Characteristics", save and after add this new entry to a product, in frontend it shows the ID of the entry instead of its value.

It seems to affect new characteristics only.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Patrick

Backend:




Frontend:


Value 41 should be in dropdown menu, not ID 203

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by pat01.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 3755
  • Thank you received: 508
  • MODERATOR
1 year 3 months ago #332305

Hello,

Strange case, in order to be able to progress on your subject can you provide a backend access (backend url & backend user) in order to check by ourselves.

Note : Use our Contact us form to provide these elements, and don't forget to add an Url link to this topic.

Awaiting your elements to be able to progress on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Philip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 29
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #332337

Hello

Message sent.

Thanks.

Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 76130
  • Thank you received: 11914
  • MODERATOR
1 year 3 months ago #332338

Hi,

We got the access. I tried to reproduce the issue on my end on a local website but whatever I tried, it worked fine with a similar characteristic value.
So I'm not sure why it does that.
We'll also need a FTP access access to do some debugging to understand what's going on with that value. Could you provide that in the same manner ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 29
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #332343

Hi

FTP access data is sent.

Regards
Patrick

Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by pat01.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 76130
  • Thank you received: 11914
  • MODERATOR
1 year 3 months ago #332363

Hi,

Thanks for that. I found the issue. It comes from the fact that you had a translation entry published for the characteristic value 41 with an empty translation.
And in that case, that would result in the id being displayed instead of the value itself.
To solve it for "41" I when in Falang, search for that "41" value with the type "hikashop characteristic" for both languages available and disabled the empty translations and then it displayed properly.
So I would recommend you to review your translations as I think you have similar issues for other characteristic values:
i.imgur.com/y8hT6bK.png

The following user(s) said Thank You: pat01

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 29
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #332494

Hi

Unfortunately your solution is not working.

I did add value in Falang and enable it for both foreign languages but still the ID is shown in frontend. Same if I disable both translations.

Please see attachment.

Can you please recheck?

Thanks.

Regards

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by pat01.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 76130
  • Thank you received: 11914
  • MODERATOR
1 year 3 months ago #332498

Hi,

What I described worked since I did the modification myself on your website for "41" and then it displayed 41 instead of 203 in the dropdown on the frontend.
Just in case, I checked again and I'm not able to fix the issue that way anymore. I'm not sure why. However, it's definitely an issue with the translations in some way. If I disable the "system Falang database driver" plugin via your Joomla plugins manager, it then displays 41 as expected.
I would recommend you to contact Falang support as it might be some kind of bug in Falang, or maybe it's a setting in Falang but I don't know it as well as the developers of Falang.

The following user(s) said Thank You: pat01

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 29
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #332617

Hi

I did investigate deeper and finally found the solution.

As often, it's a super simple solution. It's not an issue of Falang, but an issue of missing value instead.

In Hikashop characteristics the client did add new entry "41" but did fill in the Name field only and missed the value field:



:)

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by pat01.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum