• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 11 months ago #341408

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google chrome et Mozilla

Hello

I just updated hikashop. When creating the product sheet, the values of the characteristics are no longer displayed. So I can't create a product variant.
Thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
1 year 11 months ago #341410

Hi,

We don't have the problem on our end.
Could you try with another characteristic ? Do you have the same problem?
Could you provide a backend access to check your settings ? (you can provide that via our contact form: www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html )

1 year 11 months ago #341459

Hi,

Thank you for the access.
I was able to reproduce the issue and added a patch on our end in order to fix the problem.
I've updated HikaShop on your website to add the patch and it is now working fine.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 8 months ago #343920

Hi Nicolas,

I have a similar problem. I have created several products and added characteristics OK. Now I have just created a new characteristic and gone into a new product to add it. It allows me to select the characteristic, but nothing happens when I click save. I can no longer add any of the characteristics to the existing products.

Can you advise me about the patch and how I can add it?

Thanks

David

• Hikashop Business
1 year 8 months ago #343932

I have just made matters worse. Updated Joomla to 4.2 and now when I enter a product I get the error.
0 Database not set in Joomla\CMS\Form\Field\TagField

The check database in System looks all OK. Seems like a compatibility issue.

I'm running Hikashop 4.6.1
PHP 7.4.3

Any ideas?

Many thanks

David

1 year 8 months ago #343931

Hi,

The patch is included in HikaShop. So if you have the latest version of HikaShop, you have the patch. If you have an old version of HikaShop, updating should solve the problem.

Joomla 4.2 is not yet released. What is available is only a release candidate and is not meant to be used yet besides tests for developers.
HikaShop 4.6.1 was released more than a month ago, when that release candidate was not available. So you're bound to have surprises if you update to the 4.2 RC now. I can only recommend you to revert to Joomla 4.1

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by nicolas.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 8 months ago #343965

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the information. The Joomla update was prompted by the site as being available. Normally I wouldn't rush to install but as I had the other problem, I thought it worth trying. I have restored the site the the previous version from a backup. However, I do still have the problem of being unable to save the characteristics within the products. It seems like the save button has stopped working for some reason. I thought it might have been a Javascript conflict with something else, but I've had a look at the code and the save button successfully triggers the onclick event to call "return window.productMgr.addCharacteristic();". Stepping through the javascript code it seems to progress without any obvious problems, but fails to complete the save process.

Do you have any ideas where it could be failing?

Thank you

David

• Thank you received: 610
1 year 8 months ago #343970

Hello,

Can you confirm that in order to save your new characterisitc (in your product backend) you process step by step, like this :
1. In Specifications part, click to "+" to add Characteristic
2. Select a Characteristic and a default value (just below)
3. Save IN the Specifications part (just below Characteristics & default value select)
4. AND Save the whole product setting page with the save in the toolbar (on top).

If yes, can you confirm that you haven't any error message, even with Joomla debug activated and in maximum level.
Regards

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 8 months ago #344005

Hi Philip,

I have been following every step as you detailed, except selecting a Default value. I have just done that and it saved OK.

This is interesting because I have created several products, all without a default value being set, and they all saved without a problem. However, the last product I created before I stated having this issue was saved with a default value. It seems that having selected a default value once has caused the issue. Is this reversable?

The main reason for not selecting a default value is that the products I'm creating have several different designs/colours and I upload an image for each design in the parent product, then upload just the specific design into the relevant variant. That way the base product shows all the option images. If I select a default value, it only shows the one design / colour.

Many thanks

David

1 year 8 months ago #344021

Hello,

Be able to add a Characteristic WITHOUT a default value isn't usual or expected behavior of the product backend.
From this maybe what made this possible was more a bug than anything else or not... We don't know, but to reproduce this will be almost impossible in any case!
The code is not designed to do this.

But we invite you to have a look on the Variant images behavior option in Image part (HikaShop Configuration, Main tab) :
With this option you can change the behavior of your variant images, such as having the variant image appear as the main image
while having all main product images in the product image list.

Regards

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 8 months ago #344041

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your reply. I have tested the image setting and, while not perfect because it adds a second copy of the default product image to the main product images, it does seem to be a workaround we can live with.

However, I'm now faced with having several products in the system that don't have a default set, so I'm not sure if this will cause a problem moving forward. Looking at the characteristics entry in the product, there doesn't seem to be a way to edit this to add a default. You seem to have to delete it and start again, which deletes all the product variants. This is a big deal, as some of the products have 18 colour options and 6 sizes making a total of 108 variants. Unless I'm setting them up wrong. Any advise on how best to deal with this would be helpful. Perhaps the default could be set in the database.

Many thanks

David

1 year 8 months ago #344042

Hello,

We aren't sure to understand what you mean by "default set", and will assume that you mean a default value (for characteristics) in your product backend settings.

Then, if we understand you well you want an easy operation to define this default value for each characteristics in your different product, And unfortunatelly, they are no answer to correct this in one move, and you will have to do it "manually"...

Sorry for this return.
Regards

• Hikashop Business
1 year 7 months ago #344094

Hi Philip,

Sorry I should have said that I have a lot of products where the default value of the characteristic wasn't set. So I was looking for a way to edit the characteristic in the product so I could set the default value. However, it seems that this isn't possible so you have to delete the characteristic and re-add it setting the default value. The problem with this approach is that it deletes all of the variants that had previously been created. Which results in a lot of work re-adding them. If you don't have a way of editing this, then my next approach would be to set the default value in the database table. Perhaps you could indicate which table(s) are used in the adding of characteristics within the product and the column used for the default value. While I can have a look through the database, it would be useful to know if there are any additional records in other tables that would need modifying.

I think it would also be useful to have a warning about the impact of deleting a characteristic from a product or editing a characteristic that has been used in a product, as I have found that deleting an entry from a characteristic causes problems for a product that uses it.

Many thanks

David

1 year 7 months ago #344119

Hi,

The default value you select for a characteristic is only useful while you add the characteristic to the product. That allows the system to properly set the default variant when variant are created or if variants are already set in the product.
So you need to look at the "variants" tab of your products. There, you have a "default" column. And in that column, all the variants must be disabled besides the default one which is enabled (a bit like the "home" setting of menu items in the joomla menu manager).
So if you have already a default variant selected there, you're all good. If you don't, you just need to click on that enable button. You don't need to delete characteristics to readd them.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yorkits

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds