Additional field - link

• Thank you received: 1
1 year 9 months ago #343298

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 4.1.5
-- PHP version -- : 8.1

I need a link to a partner on all product pages. I I created a field With type link and registered the default fields. But in order for this field to appear in the product, you need to go to each product and write there. Why doesn't this field appear by default in all products at once? The rel="nofollow" attribute doesn't work either.

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Alex3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 9 months ago #343300

Hi,

The "attribute" setting is for when the custom field is displayed in a form. Not when the system displays the value entered previously in the custom field.
So you should see the attribute added to the input field on the product edit page, not on the product details page on the frontend.

And yes, the default value is only the default value set in the custom field when displayed in the form.
It won't be set in all the products already existing.
That's possible to add it with a mass action.

However, the rel won't work. If you want to add the same link to all the products, rather than a custom product field, it would be better to directly add the HTML of the link in the show_default view file, via the menu Display>Views. That way, you'll have no problem also having the attributes you want in the link.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds