Force Hikashop to NOT use K2 Registration

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 7 months ago #278519

-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error

The words you typed did not match the ones displayed. Please try again.

Good Day Guys!

Is there a way to force Hikashop to NOT use K2 User Registration?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 7 months ago #278522

Hello,

Publishing and using the "Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop" plugin will probably help.

6 years 7 months ago #278573

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,

Publishing and using the "Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop" plugin will probably help.

Thank you for your reply.
Is there a reason that Hikashop Redirects to K2 User Registration at all?

Should it not be a case where there is a switch to opt in for it to be redirected?

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 7 months ago #278639

Hi,

HikaShop doesn't redirects to K2.
HikaShop has its own registration form. When you open a URL to the registration page of HikaShop, you'll see it and HikaShop has no way to redirect elsewhere. And on the checkout of HikaShop, HikaShop can only display its own registration form and no other extension registration form can work there.
Furthermore, the Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop plugin is a plugin to redirect the Joomla registration page to HikaShop's registration page. It is not linked to K2.

If you have something redirecting to the K2 registration page when you try to access HikaShop's registration page, then it doesn't come from HikaShop. I would suppose that it might be something from K2, but it would be best to ask them.

6 years 7 months ago #278643

nicolas wrote: Hi,

HikaShop doesn't redirects to K2.
HikaShop has its own registration form. When you open a URL to the registration page of HikaShop, you'll see it and HikaShop has no way to redirect elsewhere. And on the checkout of HikaShop, HikaShop can only display its own registration form and no other extension registration form can work there.
Furthermore, the Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop plugin is a plugin to redirect the Joomla registration page to HikaShop's registration page. It is not linked to K2.

If you have something redirecting to the K2 registration page when you try to access HikaShop's registration page, then it doesn't come from HikaShop. I would suppose that it might be something from K2, but it would be best to ask them.

Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for your reply.
Let me explain... I add an Item to Cart and get to the Registration / Login Page.
I then fill in my details and click Register (In Hikashop)
I then get redirected to a K2 User, Registration page that states :
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error

The words you typed did not match the ones displayed. Please try again.

So I understand that ReCapthcha is conflicting between Hikashop & K2, I just don't get why K2 is even coming up when I registered in Hikashop.

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 7 months ago #278645

Hi,

The Recaptcha plugin you're using for K2 is probably plugged on the new user account registration of Joomla, and HikaShop creates the user in joomla when you register in HikaShop, so Joomla must trigger it at that point.
But since there is no captcha displayed by that plugin on the HikaShop registration page (only HikaShop's captcha if you've installed and activated it), it's normal that it doesn't find the text entered for the captcha.
You don't have that problem the other way around because in our plugin, we limit it to only check the captcha when the new user account is created on a page controlled by HikaShop.
So either you use the standard Joomla captcha, and I would recommend you to turn it off and instead activate the redirect plugin of HikaShop to always use HikaShop's registration page, or you use a captcha plugin from K2 and you'll have to deactivate it or modify it so that it doesn't throw an error on the HikaShop registration.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds