• Hikashop Business
6 years 4 months ago #282653

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.121time.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox Quantum

Hello Team

I have 2 small points I can't find solution.

The first is the url when a customer want to edit his information in My Account.

"My account" is user friendly: www.121time.com/my-account

But then the edition of "customer account" is not. This is the lonely link on the entire site which is not a user friendly url:
www.121time.com/component/users/profile?layout=edit&Itemid=799

I created an Hika hidden menu then linked it with the "HikaShop joomla user account link plugin".

Is there something to do to have a link like "121time.com/user-edit" and not the full url above?

The second point is when you submit (or cancel) the modifications made. It goes back on an empty page like www.121time.com/component/users/profile?Itemid=101

I don't have any user (or modules) with the Id=101. Only the "Home" in the Main menu has the ID 101.
For information the system output is hidden on the site (we have modules and widgets only on home page)

Is there any way to come back to the page "My Account" after having submitted or cancelled the (user account) modification?

In the "user account link pluging" both redirect back option have same effect

Thank you for your help

Jean-Loup

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13058
6 years 4 months ago #282661

Hi,

1. This indicate that you didn't configure properly the "user account link" plugin via your Joomla plugins manager. In there, you have an option to enter the menu item id that will be used in the URL for the SEF. Right now either you have nothing (and it calculates it automatically to 799) or you have 799. Instead, you should enter the id of a menu item which is configured to display the user profile edition page. If you name it "user-edit" you will get exactly that link.

2. In that same plugin edition interface, you have the setting "Redirect back". If you activate it, when you click on the save button of the profile edition page, you'll be redirected back to the user control panel of HikaShop.
There is no system in Joomla to control the "cancel" button behavior on that profile edition page (which is a Joomla page, not a HikaShop page).

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 4 months ago #282698

Thank you Nicolas

I used initially an Hikashop Hidden menu "User control panel" and I finally changed for a USER menu "Edit User Profile" (hidden also) and everything working fine.

The 799 was the menu id of the Hikashop "User control panel" hidden menu.

JL

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds