Allow user to select his group in Hikashop registration form

• Thank you received: 9
6 years 4 months ago #282908

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.38

Hello!

I want users to be able to choose user group upon registration. For that reason I found great small Joome Plugin called Usergroup Selector ( this one ) - it adds simple dropdown with selectable user group to the Joomla Registration form (as a custom field below the form).

The problem is - I'm now forcing Hikashop registration form as the default registration for the site, so this custom field doesn't show up.

Is there any chance to include this custom field in the Hikashop registration form?
As there are two types of users registering, it's really necessary to allow them to automatically choose their group during the registration.

Can you suggest the code that could be added to user / registration view, to add such a field and export two of the usergroups for client to choose from?

Thank you very much in advance, best regards!

Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Savickis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 4 months ago #282909

Hi,

It's not possible to have Joomla custom fields added to the HikaShop registration form.
However, HikaShop can already do that since a while and without another extension.
You need to create a custom field of the table "user" or "address" via the menu Display>Custom fields where each value of the custom field has the id of the user group you want in the "value" field.
Then, select that custom field in the "User group on registration" setting of the HikaShop configuration page and the created user accounts will automatically be associated with the user group which id corresponds to the value selected in the custom field on the registration form.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds