Hikashop user registration notifications not working with AcyMailing override

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 11 months ago #293138

-- url of the page with the problem -- : mavendesignstudio-demo.com/antique-swan
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.8
-- PHP version -- : 7

Hi,

I realize that the subject line includes an issue with AcyMailing but I think the issue is a conflict with Hikashop and AcyMailing. I was under the impression that AcyMailing and Hikashop worked well together but this I cannot determine yet. I have triple checked the configurations and followed the documentation from Hikashop and AcyMailing, and we had other developers from Polished Geek look at it as well. We suspect that Hikashop is not allow AcyMailing to take over the notification emails.

User registration had been set up to go through Hikashop in case that makes a difference. The plugin, Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop plugin, has been enabled and disabled as a test but neither makes a difference.

The user notification upon registration (with password) is not overriding the default. The override plugin is enabled, see take.ms/JSRXW
The test message looks appropriate, see take.ms/UrI3M but the message that is being sent after a user registers still looks like the original, take.ms/POAeX
The notification that is published is joomla-ownActivReg, see take.ms/gbIXl
The logo was put in there as test and that’s how I was judging that nothing changed. Plus it looks like it always did.

I have written to AcyMailing but their only response so far was to check their documentation.

Thank you,

Karen

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by karendunne.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 11 months ago #293167

Hi,

When you use the HikaShop registration, then it's HikaShop sending its new user account email notification.
When you use Joomla's registration, then it's Joomla sending its new user account email notification.
I know that AcyMailing has something to override Joomla's emails, including Joomla's new user account email notification.
And I also know that AcyMailing has something to override some of the emails of HikaShop.
However, I don't know if what they did also support the new user account email notification of HikaShop.

On our end, all the emails are sent the same way. The same plugin triggers are called, and we use Joomla's JMail library to send the emails.
So if the other notifications of HikaShop are overridden but not this one, I believe that it would mean that AcyMailing's override system doesn't support this one, or maybe they have a bug in the way they catch the email sending.

I don't know how that override system was done. So I can only say that. AcyMailing support should be able to answer you about these better than us since they are the ones who developed that override system. I would recommend insisting with their support.

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 10 months ago #293232

Thank you Nicolas for taking the time to write an explanation on this. We are working through some other options that will streamline this process for us.

Thanks again,

Karen

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds