Recaptcha Google for Hikashop

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 10 months ago #293187

With the European law for privacy and cookies you have to block third-party cookies beforehand, I would like to avoid the banner to block the coockie.
This is why I ask you if you can avoid the Google recaptcha plugin that installs profiling cookies. In the registration Hikashop module can you choose or integrate other captcha?
To subscribe to Joomla there are several plugins that do not install profiling cookies, would you be able Hikasop to choose how you do for Joomla?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 10 months ago #293189

Hello,

Unfortunately, we cannot modify how Google Recaptcha is working and how it deals with cookies.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 10 months ago #293227

I do not want to change the way google recaptcha works, but I wanted to integrate another plugin that works without cookies.
Also because if the user does not accept cookies, he can no longer complete the purchase order without knowing why the captcha disappears.

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 10 months ago #293256

Hi,

I'm still not sure what you want to do exactly.
What other plugin do you want to integrate ? And with what ? Do you want to use another recaptcha plugin which works without cookies ? I don't know of that being possible.
As far as I know, recaptcha cannot work without cookies:
github.com/google/recaptcha/issues/155
If not, then what other plugin ? And what's its code, and what kind of integration do you want to make exactly ?

5 years 10 months ago #293633

Hi,
for example this: extensions.joomla.org/extension/qlcaptcha/
you install and choose from Joomla system, but it would be fine in any way you could integrate.
Thanks

5 years 10 months ago #293634

Hi,

That plugin won't work with HikaShop.
However, this one works with HikaShop:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...security/keycaptcha/
Now I don't know if it works without cookies. You need to check with the developer of that extension.

5 years 10 months ago #293743

I tried to subscribe to the service but the email does not arrive (it does not even arrive in the spam and I tried with different emails). I wrote to the programmer and at the moment still does not answer.
What do you know the other plugins that work with Hikashop?
Thanks

5 years 10 months ago #293756

I'm asking for the integration of another plugin (that works with the Joomla default captcha) to the developer who asks me: What prevents Hikashop from working with the Joomla default captcha?
What can I answer to let me help?

Thanks

5 years 10 months ago #293744

Hi,

I don't know any other.
People usually use Recaptcha.

I tried to subscribe to keycatpcha and I got the activation email 5 minutes after registering. So it seems to be working for me.

5 years 10 months ago #293774

From 25 May in Europe with GDPR that plugin is better not to use it. If the user blocks cookies through the banner and continues it is found in the registration page of Hikashop but does not appear the captcha and obviously does not go forward without understanding why he can not register.
Currently there are 2 solutions:
1) remove the captcha and let the spam bots enter
2) migrate to another shop (this I do not want to do because I feel good with hikashop)
Other solutions:
1) someone who creates a plugin that integrates the Joomla default captcha in Hikashop(leaving free choice to install what you want)
2) someone who creates a plugin without cookies

5 years 10 months ago #293787

Hi,

The Recaptcha v2 plugin we provide for HikaShop works fine even without cookies.
I've just tested myself on a test website along with the "EU e-Privacy Directive" extension which allows you to decline/accept cookies on the website just to make sure...
Even with the cookies declined, I was able to register on the website through the HikaShop registration form while validating the catpcha.
In order to be able to have a product, and thus access the checkout, cookies need to be activated. It can't work without and that's the same with the vast majority of ecommerce systems. So you wouldn't able to access the checkout of HikaShop (and the registration form there with the captcha there) with the cookies refuses.

And even having the registration form working without cookies is of little use as you wouldn't even be able to log on the website without cookies.

To be able to have persistent information from one page to another on a website requires a user session, and to know which user session is linked to who, a user session token needs to be stored as a cookie so that the browser can send it with each page so that the server can recognize the user and get back the persistent information (like the logged in state, the cart of the user, etc).
So an ecommerce website were you would decline the cookies wouldn't allow you to do much regardless of whether the catpcha plugin supports working with or without cookies (and it works without them), or whether you use HikaShop or another ecommerce extension.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds