Products not showing in back end cart due to User Group

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 9 months ago #295242

Hello, we haven't done this for years, but lately some new customers have given us reason to actually view their abandoned cart in the backend.

All of our customers have their own Group and Access Level. Only now do I realize that the products won't show if they don't belong to the Group of the admin (in this case 'Super User').

We have a lot of products, so I think I could fix this in a couple of ways:

1. Add the Super User Group to each Access Level in Joomla (will have to investigate if there's an automated way to do this - we have about 100 separate clients).

2. Add the Super User Group to all products via csv.

3. Add the Super User Group to all products via mass action.

I wanted to make sure there wasn't a simple setting that I was missing somewhere in Hikashop that would quickly fix this before I made any changes.

Do I have the right of this or is there a better way? Thanks much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 9 months ago #295261

Hi,

There is no setting. If you forbid products to be accessed by super admins, then they won't appear for them (besides the main products listing of course since you still need to be able to configure them).

CSV and mass actions are possible but I think CSV will take time, and mass actions won't be that simple.
I would recommend the first approach if that works.
Regarding mass actions, if you need to add a user group to all the products already with an access level, you'll need a filter on the "product_access" column containing commas in it. And you'll need an action "update the values" on that same column with an operation like that: concat(product.product_access, 'XX,')
where XX is the id of the user group you want to add to the products.
Make sure you do a backup before running such mass action because if you make a mistake, it could be hard to repair.

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 9 months ago #295302

Ok I see.

Based on this info, we're going to manually take time and add the Super User group to all the client access levels. That seems to be the safer way, and it's not like we have to do it in one hour or anything, so it should be fine.

Thanks for the info, though, it helped.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds