Registered Users able to edit a "created order", help please

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 8 months ago #296690

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11

Ok so the user has created an order, but not completed it. So it is "created" as far as Hikashop is concerned.

How do we allow the user to log back in at some future date to edit that order?

In the users portal it shows a history of the orders themselves, but no ability to allow them to step back into an existing order to "edit" it and complete / pay for it.

Our site is configured BTW to have new users register into Hikashop directly not Joomla.

Thank you in advance for any assistance with this one. We have looked and can't find the result needed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #296710

Hello,

It's possible to pay orders later, but there is no option to edit created orders as created order can only be paid/refunded. So your customers will be free to create a new order if the first one wasn't what they were looking for.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Aus_Ladybird

5 years 8 months ago #296751

Sorry Mohamed,

Your answer is very clear, thanks, but ..... Is there another state that could be created to allow a customer to login select the items they want into a cart maybe even, then log out. To return at a later date to then "edit" the order before "progressing" it along the status order?

It seems extremely limiting not to be able to offer customers the function, to come back and edit an order, before they commit to paying for it.

If the answer is still no, I understand. Just wanted to make sure. :-)

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Aus_Ladybird.

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #296755

In the Configuration section for Orders is an option to allow Re Order (Hikashop>>Configuration>>Main>>Orders>>Allow Customer to Re Order

If you have this turned on the customer will be shown a Re Order button in their control panel, Orders section.

The newly created order can then be edited and items added or removed as the customer likes

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 8 months ago #296756

Hello,

select the items they want into a cart

HikaShop have cart and wishlist features.
In any case if you want to create an order, you first need to put products into your current cart.
It is the very basis feature of an e-commerce system ; that's why I don't think we understand your message.
Please clarify.

Allow Customer to Re Order

That feature allows to add the same products than the selected order into the current cart.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 7 months ago #297048

I'll try to be more clear. Both assume that they are either items in the cart or previous orders accessible to the customer.
I now understand that the customer can return for the period of time defined in Hikashop to hi / her cart. Edit the number of items and ad more if desired all good. Got that bit, thanks.

I was more trying to allow a customer to:
1. Return to a previous order, who's status is "created". And allow them to edit not only the quantities but also the items defined in that existing created order.

Additionally:
2. I would love to enable the customer to set a "re-order" time period on any existing order so the system would automatically auto generate orders on a time scale set by the customers. For example: Weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, six months or once a year.

One more if I may. Where does a customer go to, or what must we turn on, to allow them to rename orders in their portal? (Ours currently show "No Name" and I can not for the life of me, find where I can turn on something that allows the customer to change that name. Might be a template thing perhaps....?

Thank you in advance.

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Jerome. Reason: remove useless full quote

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 7 months ago #297077

Hi,

1. There is no way for the customer to change an order once it has been created.
An order is like a contract. Once it's done, both parties have to fulfill their part (pay, send the goods). Changing the contract would require the aknowledgement of both parties. Thus, the customers would have to first contact you and then you could do the change in the backend.
Otherwise, the customer could create a new order with the change he wants and pay for that new order. That's what the "reorder" button Jerome was talking about is for. You access the orders history, click on the reorder button and you get redirected to the checkout with the products from that order and you can create a new order with the changes you want.

2. What you're talking about is a recurring order.
HikaSubscriptions has a recurring payment system but it's not to allow the customer to choose a recurring period during the checkout for his order, it's to allow the customer to purchase subscription products which have a recurring period.
So doing what you want is not possible "as is". It would require some development in HikaSubscriptions to allow for that.
If that's something you would be willing to go for, I would recommend contacting our partner Obsidev which is the main developer behind HikaSubscriptions:
www.obsidev.com/

5 years 7 months ago #297098

Thanks for those answers folks. Don't have to like the answers but at least answers I have.

I did also additionally ask this question also:

"One more if I may. Where does a customer go to, or what must we turn on, to allow them to rename orders in their portal? (Ours currently show "No Name" and I can not for the life of me, find where I can turn on something that allows the customer to change that name. Might be a template thing perhaps....?"

Any takers on this aspect of the questions asked?

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 7 months ago #297165

Hi,

Orders don't have names so I'm not sure what you're talking about. They only have an id and a number.
Carts however do have a name. It can be changed if the "enable multi carts" setting is activated in the HikaShop configuration so that you can have several carts at the same time.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds