Activation Emails

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 1 day ago #317966

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.2

When a new customer 'registers' they are sent an activation email. However, they come in aligned to the far right and much of it is clipped off from view as shown int he attached.

How do I remedy this?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 1 day ago #317969

Hi,

The email displays just fine on my end using a gmail email address.
This might come from your email client.
Which one are you using ?
Do you have the issue with another one like gmail ?

4 years 1 day ago #317990

Using Mac Mail. In all my years we've never seen this occur before.

4 years 16 hours ago #317991

Hi,

Well, I don't know why Mac Mail would do that.
If that troubles you, you can edit the email via the menu System>Emails, and change the line:

<a href="<?php echo $data->activation_url;?>"><?php echo $data->activation_url;?></a>
to for example:
<a href="<?php echo $data->activation_url;?>">Click here</a>
in the HTML section of the email.

Last edit: 4 years 22 hours ago by nicolas.

4 years 15 hours ago #318018

Two things:

1) I don't see a way to edit the email at System>Emails — we only see the list of possible emails, none refer to the activation email, and it doesn't appear we can edit them here—only turn them on or off.

2) However, my original issue was that the activation 'message' is positioned very far to the right in the email viewport, and no matter how far we expand the viewport to the right, the entire message cannot be read.

This seems to be isolated to the activation email. — See attached.

3) Is there an email for 'payment declined'?

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 15 hours ago by dagroupinc.

4 years 7 hours ago #318020

Hi,

1. Edition of the emails is only available with the Business edition.
Without it, you can do the modification in the file media/com_hikashop/mail/user_account.html.php but note that you'll loose the change when you update your HikaShop in the future.

2. I understand that, and I think it's because of the link. I don't see an alternative besides not displaying the link and instead having some text for the link (it will still be clickable but the user won't directly see the URL of the link).

3. There is an email "payment notification" which notifies the merchant when such event occurs so that he can deal with it manually and check what happens. Then, the merchant can change the status of the order and check the checkbox to notify the customer. In that case, it will use the normal "order status notification" email.
Note that in most cases, the payment is refused directly to the customer on the payment gateway page and thus no payment declined notification happens. This would only happen if the payment is first pending by the payment gateway so that it checks with the bank of the customer and then later approves or decline the payment. That's quite rare and it also depends on the payment gateway's way of functioning.

3 years 11 months ago #318042

1) Ok
2) I would still expect the content of the email to align all the way to the left of the viewport. It's clearly aligning right.
3) We had a case where a customer entered the wrong CVV code and we only received a payment confirmed email, but when we checked we found that the transaction was declined. One confusing thing is when a transaction is actually delined the emails say 'canceled' which seems to suggest that the customer canceled the order instead of the payment being declined.

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by dagroupinc.

3 years 11 months ago #318054

Hi,

2. I would too yes. I don't know why it does that on Mac Mail. I tried to find information about such issue online but didn't come up with anything.

3. It depends on your payment plugin. Normally, if the payment is not successful, it should not confirm the order and ask HikaShop to send the payment confirmed notification and instead it should cancel the order.
So I would recommend you to check with the developer of the payment plugin you're using.

3 years 11 months ago #318126

2) My point is that we only have an alignment problem with the activation email—none of the other Hikashop emails.

3) What I'm saying is that the word 'cancelled' in this case is wrong—that is should say 'declined' when a transaction is declined. Also, the error message that appears on the website when an order is 'declined' is very vague. This might be an area for Hikashop to improve in future releases?

3 years 11 months ago #318150

Hi,

2. Well yes. That's the only email with a URL printed in full in the email. That's why I told you to change the link to not print the URL in the link and only have it in the src attribute. That way, it should display fine too.

3. The order which was created, was then cancelled because the transaction was declined by the payment gateway. The order itself was not declined by yourself or your website.
The wording is the most correct one as far as I can see.
Now of course, all the text displayed on the interface can be overridden so that you can adapt them to your situation:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
And the order statuses can also be adapted to your needs in the menu System>Order statuses.
But I don't believe we need to change the default wording.

3 years 11 months ago #318222

2) It still seems like an alignment issue but ok.
3) That may be true from an admin perspective but not the customer who didn't cancel their order, and now would have no idea that their payment was declined so that they could try again

I have created a new Order Status called Declined—I think I updated the status of this in another thread so I won't comment here..

3 years 11 months ago #318286

Can you give me the file name and path for the activation message that appears in Hikashop?

Thanks

3 years 11 months ago #318287

Hi,

I already told you in a previous message:
www.hikashop.com/forum/customers/899645-...n-emails.html#318020
It's the file media/com_hikashop/mail/user_account.html.php which contains the HTML code for the message in the activation email.

Now if you're talking about the message displayed to the user after the registration, you should change is with a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

The following user(s) said Thank You: dagroupinc

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds