Problem with the User point feature.

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319663

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18

Hello
This is probably a setting problem but I can't figure it out.
I try to assign my customer 1 point for each € paid. Here is the configuration :

- The User Point step appears correctly in the checkout process but when the order is placed, mark as paid, marked as invoiced (custom status in our webshop) or marked as Shipped the points are still at 0 in the user CPanel.
- If I change the user_points value in the database it appears correctly on the user Cpanel.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
3 years 11 months ago #319681

Hi,

I see two potential issues:
- you've limited the plugin instance to gain points to the "products category" category. So only the products DIRECTLY linked to that category will be taken into account. But it's likely that your products are linked to sub categories of that category, and in that case, they won't be taken into account. If you want the point gains to apply to all the products of the shop, I would recommend you to not select any category in that setting.
- you might indeed have an issue with the order statuses. However, I don't know the steps an order goes by on your website. Is the order with the status "created" when created, then "confirmed" after the payment, and then "billed" (facturée) (changed manually in the backend I suppose? ) ? The points are only added when the order goes from the status selected in the "created" column of the order statuses listing, to one of the statuses under the "invoice" column of that same listing. So if your order goes from created to confirmed and then to facturée, it's normal the points are not awarded. In that case, you'll want to enter the "confirmed" text in the "valid order statuses" setting of the plugin as it will override the "invoice" column of the order statuses listing.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319696

Thanks for your fast answer but it doesn't work and I don't want to create a bill for every order paied on my webshop.

We will find another way.

Have a nice day!

• Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #320015

After a few research and test it appears that there is one more thing to do to make it works :
The 'HikaShop User Points payment plugin' must be active in the Joomla! plugins manager. You do not need to add a plugin of this type in hikashop but the plugin in Joomla must be active.

I think it's a small thing to correct. Indeed the part of the code that adds the points to the users on found in the "HikaShop User Points payment plugin" when we didn't want this option. We just wanted to add points to the user after the order and once a certain number of points is reached we put them in another group with special promotions.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds