• Thank you received: 6
3 years 10 months ago #320055

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.formidog.nl
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3 business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all

Good morning

Users regularly come up with a question which I haven't found a solution for. Of course I always think: what have I done wrong?

When a user has placed a first order as a guest and then, later, wants to registrate... then they cannot do that because they get the message that the mail-adress already exsists.

I can manage this in the backend
But is there a way to let the user solve this problem

Dick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
3 years 10 months ago #320067

Hi,

There is no such error message in HikaShop.
The only error message similar to what you're talking about is the other way around:
If someone registered with an email address then try to do a guest checkout with that same email address, it will display an error message saying that there is already a user account with that email address with a link to reset his password if he forgot it.
So in such case, the customer just has to click on the link to reset his password and login.
Note that in old versions of HikaShop, there was no such link, only the first part of the error message.
And it's possible that you didn't get the new part if you have some view override or translation override (or didn't update your HikaShop translation file). So in your case, I would focus on this so that the customer can easily reset his password if he doesn't know it anymore.

• Thank you received: 6
3 years 10 months ago #320201

hmmmm

I will have to do better research first before I copy clients questions to the forum.

sorry for that

dick

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds