4.4.0 user registration page anomaly

• Thank you received: 747
3 years 6 months ago #324501

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.21
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.22

Hi,

I'm in the process of updating an old abandoned 2.6.3 Starter store to 4.4.0 Business. All going well so far, except for the user registration. I can't get the login or switcher to display.

"HikaShop user synchronization plugin" is enabled with ID of HikaShop registration menu item.

Screenshots of both, login & registration settings and the page with these exact settings -- in Protostar (no overrides).

I've been through the config table to see if there's anything funky left over from 2.6.3 days, but couldn't find anything. A hint on where else to look would be appreciated - many thanks!

In other news, just by the way:
Due to

@media (min-width: 576px) {
.hkform-horizontal .hkcontrol-label {
    text-align: right;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    padding-top: 7px;
}
}
in hikashop.css the form labels are placed right-aligned in between 576 and 767px screen width.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 6 months ago #324505

Hi,

Do you have the "login" view in your checkout workflow ?
Also, you might have a javascript/css issue. A link to the shop with instructions to access the page would help us investigate and tell you what's wrong.

3 years 6 months ago #324518

Hi Nicolas,

Yes, of course the login view is part of the checkout workflow. However, this is about the registration page as mentioned, not the checkout. In checkout it's all working fine.

No, no JS errors, no CSS hiding stuff.

Ok, next I'll be sending you access info via your contact form, incl Super User account credentials.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!

3 years 6 months ago #324519

lousyfool wrote: ... In checkout it's all working fine.

Correction: with the settings for checkout as per screenshot in my initial post here (switcher + login + register + guest), the "Guest" option is missing in the switcher -- see attached here.

Again, that's Protostar with no overrides, no JS error and no funky CSS.

Anyway, email is sent via the contact form. Thanks for digging into this.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 6 months ago #324522

Hi,

There is no switcher mechanism on the registration page itself.
On the registration page, we force the registration mode if activated or the guest mode if the guest mode is activated and not the registration mode.
So it's normal that you don't see the switcher on the registration page. As the name implies, it's only for registration.
Since the switcher is only on the login view of the checkout, I thought you meant that the switcher didn't work there, my bad.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

3 years 6 months ago #324536

nicolas wrote: There is no switcher mechanism on the registration page itself. (...) As the name implies, it's only for registration.

OH. MY. GOD. What was I thinking. Of course, there is no switcher... it cannot be. Guess I had gotten completely lost when playing with the settings and -- stupidly -- expecting the same as in checkout on the registration page.

So sorry for bothering, and thank you for setting my head straight! :blush:

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds