Customer User points

• Thank you received: 2
3 years 6 months ago #324609

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
-- PHP version -- : 7.4

I have a question about User Points.
The situation is like this. The shop would be setup for Christmas packages that companies give to their employees. The payment system will go thru the Userpoint system and instead of calling them coins they will be called coins. Each product will have a price (Users wont see the price) but also the amount of coins for that product. The checkout will also only be done thru coins (points) so no other payment system.

Now employees from each company will get a company message explaining how it works. The users will be in a joomla user group and the user group has the name of the company.
The idea is to get a list of employees with their email address. I have an excel sheet where we can copy and paste the employees and their email addresses into and it will automatically generate a unique code, which we can use for a password.
We can then import the user list into Joomla and put the users automatically in the correct user group.
What i have seen is that Hikashop recognizes those users under customers.

The only issue i have is the custom field user_points is blank and i would like to get right away the number of points in there. Now these points (coins) can be different per company. Otherwise i could set a default value for that field.
What i want to avoid is that we manually have to change/add the number of user_points to each client. Some companies have maybe 20 employees, but other could have 800.

So the question is, is there away to either with import or after import to right away assign user points to those clients?

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 6 months ago #324613

Hi,

What you can do is run a mass action on the date "user" with a filter on the user group and an action "update the values" on the column of your user points custom field with the value you want in it.
That way, you can do it for all the users of a company in one fell swoop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: rkuiper

• Thank you received: 2
3 years 6 months ago #324647

Hi Nicolas,

I never paid attention to mass actions before, but this is awesome. Tested it and works great.
Thank you.
Rogier

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds