Receive email when client updates profile

• Thank you received: 2
3 years 5 months ago #325663

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.12
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

Hi,

Is it possible to the admins receive a email when the clients update profile/address with the new Address?

if so, how to enable it?

thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13061
3 years 5 months ago #325675

Hi,

It's possible. You need to create a mass action of the data "address" with a trigger "after an address is updated" and an action "export a CSV file".
In the settings of the action, you can select the columns of data you want to get, and the destination email address and subject to use for the email.
This mass action will generate a CSV file with the data of the address/user and then send an email to that email address with the CSV file attached.
Mass actions can be created via the menu System>Mass actions.

3 years 5 months ago #325717

Hi nicolas,

thanks for the reply.

I created a mass action as you show but when I login with my account and change my address, didn't trigger it, did not received any email on the specified email address.

anything i could be missing?

thank you.

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by allbs.

3 years 5 months ago #325721

Hi,

Please provide screenshots of the settings of your mass action.
Also do you confirm that you're changing the address in the HikaShop customer address edition screen and not the profile fields of the Joomla user account ?

3 years 5 months ago #325771

Hi,

I was changing during the checkout

the config

Attachments:

3 years 5 months ago #325787

Hi,

In the "export path" setting of the action, you need to enter the path of a file where it will be stored. For example: /address_updated.xls
Also, please make sure that your website is able to send emails.
Finally, for your tests, you can go in the menu Customers>Emails history to check the new emails listed there when you edit an address. It should add a "mass action" email entry there corresponding to the email sent to you by the mass action.
If you see the email there but you don't receive it in your email box, then the issue is with the sending of the email by your email server.

3 years 5 months ago #325826

Hi Nicolas,

thanks for the reply,

It's not showing on the Customers > Emails history, there is alot of emails there but not from the mass action.
what could it be?

thank you.

3 years 5 months ago #325835

Hi,

Did you fix the export path as I was saying in my previous message ?
Besides that, or the mass action unpublished, I don't see another reason the email wouldn't be added to the email history.

3 years 4 months ago #326944

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the reply, i found the problem, was the mass action notification email was not published.

• is it possible to change the field headers names that show on the excel?
  • or is it possible to process the list of the altered addresses in the email itself?

thank you.

3 years 4 months ago #326947

Hi,

If you edit the mass action email via the menu System>Emails, you'll have the data filtered by the mass action in $data in the "preload" section.
There you can process that data the way you want with PHP.
At that point, the CSV would have already be generated in the path you configured and thus you could overwrite it with your own generated CSV and it would be attached to the email automatically.

3 years 3 months ago #327519

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the reply, I open the CSV file within the preload and loaded the information to the email. and worked. thanks.

Another thing in the subject.

Is it possible to receive also some kind of notice if the costumer toggles to a different deliver address?

it show on the order the address the client want but our client want a notification also when his client changes toggles a different deliver address.

Attachments:

3 years 3 months ago #327523

Hi,

I suppose that what you mean is that you want something written in the order details page in the backend, or in the email notification the shop owner already receives to mention that the shipping address selected for the order is not the default one of the customer.
Is that correct ? Or that it is a new one ?
Either way, there is no option for that, but it can be done with a bit of PHP coding either in the view file corresponding to the backend display via the Display>Views menu, or in the email HTML section via the menu System>Emails.
So it will require a PHP developer to work on that.
It would basically be running a MySQL query on the hikashop_address and/or a bit of PHP processing, based on what you need exactly.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds