Link on order not working

• Thank you received: 24
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #329676

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.24
-- PHP version -- : 7.4

Hi
When a customer is checking their orders after login, the link on the products are linking wrong.

In this case it's linking to:
new.stanleyseeds.dk/tweens/p/36-

But it should be:
new.stanleyseeds.dk/tweens/piger/p/wide-...oops-damage-2113-521

What am I missing?

Kind regards
Thomas

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 2 months ago #329680

Hi,

There are two ways HikaShop displays that link to the product page:
- it can generate the URL based on the current menu item.
- it can use the URL that you entered in the "canonical URL" setting of the product.
On the order page, the customer isn't necessarily on the same menu item than when accessing the products through a products listing of a menu item / module. So in that case, when the URL is generated based on the current item, the URL will be different than the one generated on the products listing.
But if you activate the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting and that you enter the URL you want for the product in its "canonical URL" setting, then HikaShop will use that canonical URL on all the areas where it needs to display the URL of the product and thus you'll end up with the same URL everywhere.

3 years 2 months ago #329710

Thanks ...
Hmm ... So I have to tell my customer to manually enter a URL on all products?

But why isn't the picture showing on new.stanleyseeds.dk/tweens/p/36-

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 2 months ago #329715

Hi,

If you want the same URL for the product details page, regardless of where you come from on the website (search, listing, checkout, order, etc), then yes you have to enter the URL you want in the canonical URL field. So for that product, you would have to enter tweens/piger/p/wide-leg-doops-damage-2113-521 in that URL canonical field of this product.
This will also help with SEO so having canonical URLs is a good thing, even if it's a bit of a pain to setup.

Regarding the image not showing on new.stanleyseeds.dk/tweens/p/36- I'm not sure. Normally, the image should be there regardless of the URL you're using to access the page.
You're using magictoolbox to display the image area on the product page and since no one reported such a problem with HikaShop without magictoolbox, I can only suppose that it is linked to something in magictoolbox.
Do you have an old version of magictoolbox ? Maybe updating it would help ?
I'm not sure how you can disable magictoolbox to use the default image display of HikaShop. However, I suppose that if you do that, the image will display regardless of the URL, which would confirm that the issue is somewhere in magictoolbox.
And then, you'll probably want to check with magictoolbox's support regarding this issue.

3 years 2 months ago #329832

Thank you - makes sense!

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds