Issues with user login

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 11 months ago #331837

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome and Safari
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : User login

I'm having issues with the heikashop component if I use it as a module or menu item it keeps asking any user to login ore register to place a bid although the user is already authenticated into Joomla.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
2 years 11 months ago #331838

Hi,

I didn't see anywhere to be able to create a user account on your website. And thus, I'm unable to reproduce the issue.
Could you provide a test user account so that we could look at the situation ?

2 years 11 months ago #331844

That's true we have disabled user registration because we create user accounts ourselves and all accounts are connected to single sign on. So we want only registered users to use the module.

2 years 11 months ago #331845

Hi,

So it's probably linked to the way the login is done.
HikaShop has a plugin called "HikaShop user synchronization plugin". This plugin implements the onAfterStoreUser / onUserAfterSave triggers of Joomla in order to add the user to the hikashop_user table in the database and link the new entry with the corresponding entry in the users table of Joomla.
Then, when a user access something related to HikaShop, HikaShop will look into the hikashop_user table for the user record corresponding to the current Joomla user if any. That's how it will know if the user is logged in or not.
So what you're describing indicates that HikaShop might not find the entry in the hikashop_user table in the database. And since you're saying you're using some special SSO system for the login it's probably linked to that.
I would recommend you to check the tables users and hikashop_user in the database via your PHPMyAdmin to check if you have the entries for the currently logged in user. If you don't that explains why HikaShop doesn't see the user as logged in.

2 years 11 months ago #331883

Thank you for your reply. I have checked phpmyadmin and the hikashop_user table has an entry for the logged in user. please see screenshots attached.

Attachments:

2 years 11 months ago #331895

Hi,

And does the "user_cms_id" column of that entry contain the id of the user entry in the users table of Joomla ?
That's necessary to link the user entry in hikashop and the user entry in joomla.

2 years 11 months ago #331902

yes, same user id.

2 years 11 months ago #331913

Hi,

So which SSO extension are you using ? did you try contacting their support too ?
And if you use a normal, non SSO user to login, does it work properly ?

2 years 11 months ago #331919

We are using simplesamlphp and it is working with all other extensions and components no issues at all. No other accounts can login to the site except for the SSO ones. Do you want me to send you test credentials?

2 years 11 months ago #331927

It started to work now!

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds