• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
2 years 8 months ago #334539

-- url of the page with the problem -- : fireworksland.com/index.php
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.38
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 11.1.2

Is there a way to block a customer from placing an order, either by blocking their IP address or their email address? I have a troublesome customer who does nothing but complain and cause problems. I allow guest checkout, so just disabling their username isn't enough. Is there a setting to prevent a particular address or IP from placing an order?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13060
2 years 8 months ago #334544

Hi,

If you want to disable the whole website for that IP address, you can easily do so with an extension www.akeeba.com/documentation/admin-tools/waf-ip-blacklist.html or with some rules in your website's .htaccess htaccessbook.com/block-ip-address/
There is no option to block guest checkout itself only for some IP address / email address. It would be possible with the development of a small plugin but that seems kind of overkill.
One other alternative I could is to use this extension:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/250...shipping-plugin.html supposing you don't already use USPS/Fedex/UPS etc shipping plugins so that instead of manual shipping methods, you would configure geocoding shipping methods in the same way, but with a restriction for a radius of a kilometer around the exact shipping address of that customer so that if someone would enter an address there, no shipping methods would be available to him on the checkout.
But again, that seems quite convoluted compared to just blocking the IP address on the whole website in your htaccess.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
2 years 8 months ago #334567

Thank you Nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds