Registration Page to use Specific Template Layout

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 9 months ago #342678

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.10

How can I point the registration page to a specific template layout?

I already went into my menu for the Customer Login, and changed that to this specific template layout I want to use, but unfortunately the registration page does use the same layout. I cannot seem to find anywhere to point the Hikashop registration page to this new template layout I want to use as it is using a default layout.

Am I blind or is there no way to change this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
1 year 9 months ago #342679

Hi,

What do you mean by "template layout" ?

In the settings of the "Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop plugin" in the Joomla plugins manager, you have a setting where you can enter the id of a menu item to use for the registration form of HikaShop.
Ideally, you want to create a menu item of the type "HikaShop user registration form" and enter the id of that menu item in this setting so that the HikaShop registration form will use that specific menu item.
Once done, in that menu item, you can select the template to use for the rendering.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 9 months ago #342722

Ahhh ok...now I understand. I was confused as it was automatically going to a registration page for HikaShop and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't set the template. Now I get it...thank you. So obvious but I couldn't see it.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 9 months ago #343351

Something just came up...

When a used tries to register first, then make a purchase, the correct screen template is shown (which was the issue above this post)...

HOWEVER...when a customer attempts to make a purchase first, THEN uses the registration page to make an account from the shopping cart...it does not have the correct template page I'd like to use for registration which notifies the potential customer that they need to check their email for an account verification link.

How can I display that message on the IN CART registration?

Thank you

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Dragon41673.

• Thank you received: 13064
1 year 9 months ago #343352

Hi,

What do you mean by "uses the registration page to make an account from the shopping cart" ? where is that link to access the registration page ?
Or are you talking about the registration form on the checkout page of HikaShop ?
If you want to add a message in it, you can edit the file show_block_login via the menu display>views and add your message at the top.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 8 months ago #343422

nicolas wrote: Hi,

What do you mean by "uses the registration page to make an account from the shopping cart" ? where is that link to access the registration page ?
Or are you talking about the registration form on the checkout page of HikaShop ?
If you want to add a message in it, you can edit the file show_block_login via the menu display>views and add your message at the top.

Sorry Nicolas...again for some reason I am not getting notifications from here even though I'm subscribed and they are also not ending up in my Spam folder. I'll try to check daily.

So basically, I made a specific template layout for the normal registration page that a person would use when trying to log into the site. That can be found here...and I've attached a screen shot below.
www.ariesgamesandminis.com/index.php/new...-page/user/form.html

Notice the yellow highlighted box at the top. This has SIGNIFICANTLY decreased the amount of customers who don't understand they need to activate their account to proceed. This was done because I have been getting WAY too much Spam accounts, so I had to turn on self activation.

Problem is...when you shop first, then go to the cart to check out, the registration page there does NOT share this template. I've also attached a picture below, but cannot directly link as you would need to put something into your cart to see it.

So I need this cart registration page to show the same top yellow highlighted text.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 610
1 year 8 months ago #343430

Hello,

I see 2 possibility to achieve this :
1. An override of the register view (display dropdown => Views), you must edit the checkout/sub_block_login_registration
=> More complex to do but this will display ONLY if the registration is displayed.
2. Add directly in your checkout Workflow a text block, this will have his specific Html class (but you can directly write some Html with tags and class), this will allow you to made the required display (size, background, color, etc...)
=> Very quick and easy, but this block will ALWAYS be above your login block (whatever the part displayed log in, registration & guest)

Hope this will help you to achieved your needs.
Regards

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 8 months ago #343627

Never mind...I think I just figured it out! Let me try and I will repost if it does or does not work.

Thank you

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Dragon41673.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 8 months ago #343628

Yep...got it working. Thank you again!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds