privacyconsent & simplified registration link

• Thank you received: 5
1 year 7 months ago #344490

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.1.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome latest

Hello,

I have Joomla "privacyconsent" plugin turned on, it works fine - forces users to accept Privacy Policy.

In my Hikashop however I have simplified registration (config_simplified_registration_guest) - after purchase a user clicks in his email link and creates a new account. Can I add privacy consent checkbox directly on this page? Because now user account is created and then user is redirected to a page to accept this consent which is not user friendly and confusing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
1 year 7 months ago #344497

Hi,

The HikaShop registration form already takes into account the privacyconsent plugin.
This was added way back in HikaShop 4.0.2:
www.hikashop.com/home/blog/430-hikashop-...-and-4-0-2.html#addr
In fact, I do see it on the registration form page of HikaShop ( i.imgur.com/CszBLXw.png ) on your website, but not on the registration form inside the checkout of HikaShop.
This indicates that you must have an old view override of the sub_block_login_registration.php view file in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/checkout/
Rename that file to something else via FTP to deactivate the override and you should then see the privacy consent area on the HikaShop registration form of the checkout too.

1 year 7 months ago #344521

Hello,

Thanks.
Unfortunately it didn't help.

I renamed the override so it's not active.
Created a new order for a new e-mail and then clicked in my email in the link to create a new account - the link was:
/sklep/user/guest_form/order_id-19677/order_token-3rR3BMy3
And the privacy checkbox is not there, I attach a screenshot.

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by bolando.

1 year 7 months ago #344522

Hi,

Ah I see. I was thinking about the normal registration form on the checkout. But you're talking about the registration form you can go to via the link provided in the email notification sent to guest users after their order.
There is indeed no support of the privacy consent plugin there.
I'm made modifications to support that. It requires several modifications in several files, so the best is to update your HikaShop to the and you'll get the modifications automatically.

Note that if you have a view override templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/user/guest_form.php you need to rename that view file to deactivate the override as I had to do some changes in that view file too and your override file (if any) wouldn't have the changes after the update.

1 year 7 months ago #344627

Hello,

OK, please let me know in this thread when a new Hikashop update with this feature will be ready.

Thank you

1 year 7 months ago #344629

Hi,

The new version should be ready by the end of the week.
You can be notified as soon as we release it by following our twitter:
twitter.com/hikashop

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds