B2B - company accounts

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
1 year 3 months ago #348040

Is it possible to use HikaShop as B2B shop where companies can register, and then let their employies register under the company name, so that they can shop products for their company (not sell)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
1 year 3 months ago #348042

Hi,

I can see a way to potentially do it.
The simplest with just HikaShop would be to create custom fields of the table "user":
- One field of the type "single dropdown", with the "please select" choice and the "required" setting activated to choose "company" or "employee" (so two values in the "data" area)
- One field with the "display limited to" setting set to "company" as an "text" so that companies registering can enter their company name
- One field of the type "single dropdown" with the "please select" choice, with a MySQL query for the data which would be:

SELECT xxx as value FROM #__hikashop_user WHERE xxx != ''
where xxx is to be replaced by the column name of the second field where the companies enter their name. That will generate a dropdown with the name of all the companies for the employees

That way, you'll know which user is for which company.
Then, you can create a custom order field if you need to get that information for each order, and you can have a mass action to fill the custom order field with the third custom user field above when the order is being created.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
1 year 3 months ago #348062

And the Market extension is not good for this ? Is Hikashop suitable for B2B at all ?

• Thank you received: 4004
1 year 3 months ago #348063

Hello,

HikaMarket doesn't have that kind of feature since it's main goal is to allow the creation of a marketplace (to sell products).
So you have the "vendor" entity and its "users", as you describe ; but when a user buy a product, it buy it for him, not its vendor.

HikaShop is suitable for classical B2B workflows ; but you're adding an extra feature with "company employers" which requires far more details and explanations.
Technically, if I understand your request, I don't visualize the workflow nor the needed security for that.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds