• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
11 months 3 weeks ago #351349

-- url of the page with the problem -- : bridgenz.co.nz/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.2 essentials
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.0
-- PHP version -- : 8.2.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

Hello, I have installed the ReCaptcha v2 plug-in from hikashop but I'd like to use the Google ReCaptcha v3 API and I'm not sure that the plugin does this. I have read a number of posts previously but am still unsure due to the wording in the plugin. For example it says "Display ReCaptcha v2 on contact and registration forms" which would imply not V3.

The Invisible choices are Visible or Invisible in 3 locations. google ReCaptcha ReCaptcha V2 has an invisible mode but it is not V3.

My customer is getting 10-15 spam account registrations a day and it seems that they are bypassing whatever V2 ReCaptcha I have on the registration page. I have added V3 keys for public and private but I am not convinced it is running the V3 ReCaptcha.

So, is choosing the Invisible plugin from the drop-down enabling the V3 ReCaptcha or V2 invisible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
11 months 3 weeks ago #351352

Hi,

The plugin uses ReCaptcha V2.
ReCaptcha V2 and V3 are for different use cases.
The ReCaptcha V2's goal is to be added to forms and get a "human" or "bot", yes / no answer from ReCaptcha in order to procees the form or not.
The ReCaptcha V3 doesn't return a yes / no but a score based on the probability it thinks the current user is a bot or a human. It can be placed on links / buttons to register the actions of the user on a website. So the V3 doesn't have a captcha to be solved. It basically works like the invisible mode of V2, but without a fallback to a normal captcha when it thinks the user is a bot or it doesn't know.
Captcha can be bypassed. Developping a captcha plugin based on ReCaptcha v3 could be done, but I don't think it would help much with your spam accounts issue.
I would rather recommend you use this extension:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/ospam-a-not/
The concept is completely different and so far it seems to work great in order to stop spam registrations.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
11 months 3 weeks ago #351377

Thanks, I'll have a look at that plugin

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds