Required data - not working

• Thank you received: 15
  • Hikashop Business
2 months 3 weeks ago #358792

Hi,
topic description:
The Hikashop store imported all data from the old website, where the store ran on Virtuemart. Everything is working fine now, but there is one problem with the users.
Additional customer data, e.g. Tax Identification Number, separate house number, was not imported.
In the configuration of additional fields, e.g. the NIP field is marked as required.
With a new client, everything works fine. However, old customers log in to their accounts and see a summary of data in the basket: customer address, delivery address. There is no NIP number (and it is required), but the customer does not edit his data in the cart, he just goes to the next step and the system passes the missing data. The order is sent without the required data.
If the old customer edits the data - then the requirement to fill in e.g. the NIP field works, but if he does not edit the data during the purchase process - I pass without the required data.
Is there any solution for this?

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
2 months 3 weeks ago #358793

Hi,

That should not be happening unless you have an old version of HikaShop. Recent versions of HikaShop check that required custom address fields are filled in the selected billing and shipping address before validating the end of the checkout process and creating the order.
Which version of HikaShop are you using ?

However, it's indeed true that only standard address fields will be imported from VM to HikaShop during a migration. Other fields are not supported.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 3 weeks ago #358816

latest versions J 5.02 and Hika 5.02.
The fact that something was not imported is not a problem. The problem is that it allows you to complete the order :(
Tom

2 months 3 weeks ago #358818

Hi,

The only reason I can see this would happen would be if you removed the "address" view from your checkout workflow, or if you set it to "read only".
In that case, instead of allowing the user to select a billing / shipping address among the addresses of the customer, it would automatically pick the default one without checking for the validity of the automatically selected address.
But if the user is able to choose his address and the address is missing a value in a required custom field, it will raise an error with the message "The billing/missing address you selected cannot be used as some information is missing. Please edit it before proceeding."
Since that works fine on our end and on other users' website, I would need the URL of the shop, a backend access and a FTP access in order to check on the situation.
In that case, please provide the information via our contact form with a link to this thread for reference :
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

2 months 3 weeks ago #358840

Hi,

I'm not able to access your backend with the information you provided :
i.imgur.com/c2RrdbZ.png
Coudl you double check what's going on ?

• Hikashop Business
2 months 2 weeks ago #359044

I'm sorry Nicolas,
I didn't see your reply from the forum :(
I checked it and it is correct - please check it again, or reply to my message by e-mail and I will see what was incorrectly entered.
Tom

2 months 2 weeks ago #359061

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the problem.
When I try to go through your checkout with the user account you provided, which has an address without the NIP, the checkout doesn't let me proceed and displays an error message because the NIP is missing:
i.imgur.com/W8n2CQV.png
So, as far as I can see, it works as it should.

Could you provide precise instructions in order to reproduce the problem ?

• Hikashop Business
2 months 2 weeks ago #359066

I sent you a login and it doesn't work :(
Here you can see how it passes without a required field:​
drive.google.com/file/d/147Yr_cfFiHD3L-SsN3oPHgDC5k4BKgF3/view

2 months 2 weeks ago #359072

Hi,

Thank you for the test user account details. I was now able to reproduce the issue and made a patch accordingly. It's now working.
We've also included the patch on our end so for anyone else with the issue, you can just download again the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours to get the latest version, with the patch.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 2 weeks ago #359074

Nicolas,
Thank you for solving the problem.
I checked the production version - it works!
I'm glad my problem helped improve your solution for others as well.
Tom

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds