Add to Cart Popup Returns 404 Error

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #7769

Hi,

I didn't find anyone else with this problem so must be something I've done. I get a Page Not Found error when the Add to Cart popup option is enabled. This happens on my 1.4.4 live site as well as the 1.4.5 dev site. I don't remember for sure if I've tested that option before, but I thought it was working at some point.

Regards,
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
13 years 2 months ago #7776

Hi,

On your dev website the URL of the popup is:
highdesertvideo.com/hdv_development/dvd-...otice/tmpl-component
This URL has been SEFed.
If you try the non SEFed URL that work:
highdesertvideo.com/hdv_development/inde...otice&tmpl=component

So, there must be something with your SEF. What kind of SEF do you use ? The joomla one ?

13 years 2 months ago #7779

Joomla SEO with mod_rewrite on.

• Thank you received: 13068
13 years 2 months ago #7813

Mmm. I'm a bit out of ideas... If you turn off the SEF, I suppose that it works right ?

13 years 2 months ago #7819

Yes, I tried that and it does work. I haven't noticed that setting causing any other problems.

It's not a big deal on this site as I have the cart module displayed on the product pages and don't plan to use the popup. I was just testing different possibilities and noticed this.

If you think of something, let me know.

Regards,
Ed

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by hdracing.

10 years 8 months ago #120299

I have the same problem on smrekovit.com/smrekovit2013/ . Any suggestion? It happened after putting some Facebook integration modules on. Known conflicts?

10 years 7 months ago #120397

Any idea? My site is finished and I would like to put it on my main domain to be reachable to public, but this 404 error in popup is making me nervous.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 7 months ago #120458

Hi,

As I can see you have removed the display of the popup so we can't see actually from where the problem come.

When you unpublish the facebook module, it's working fine ? What is this module ?
It's possible that this module have some errors causing a 404 on the popup.

Have you the latest version of HikaShop ? 2.2.1 ?

10 years 7 months ago #120558

Hi. Yes, sorry for that. I turned on the popup again.

Actually I am not shure if this is from installation of those modules. I uninstalled them and still same problem at hikashop.

No I havent latest version. I dont know where to download it. When I go to update option in hikashop backend I receive following message: "You have the latest stable version of HikaShop Essential: 2.2.0".

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 7 months ago #120619

Hi,

This bug has been corrected, thanks to download the version 2.2.1 from our website, and install it over your current install.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Konc

10 years 7 months ago #120620

I would do that, but I have Hikashop essential (not starter) and the link"upgrade my version" on www.hikashop.com/extensions/hika-essential.html doesnt work.

10 years 7 months ago #120626

Found it under subscriptions. :) And yes, now is working. :) Thanks

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 3 months ago #138782

Hi and a happy new year.

Site: worldoftextures.com/nytt
Joomla 3.2.1
HikaShop Business: 2.2.3

I have this same problem = "add to cart" pop up window always returns a 404 error message.

Kind regards
Aegir

10 years 3 months ago #138783

Hi

I saw in another thread it could be a conflict with a menu item called "checkout"

So I disabled my menu item called "checkout" and the popup works (to big for the window)
But there is no "checkout" button in the cart display, how would you make the checkout option possible?

Kind regards
Aegir

10 years 3 months ago #138793

Hi

I have made workarounds to use the pop up message, but how do I make this message smaller so it will fit into the 480x140 box or even smaller ?
It seems to want to be in a box that is 1100 pixels wide.

Kind regards
Aegir

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 3 months ago #138795

Hi,
1. Can you give us more information about the problem that you are having through some screenshots or by giving us a link to the page where you are having you issue for example ?

2. It's probably a CSS issue. Your template's CSS which must have a min-width even on the component.php which it shouldn't. You should ask your template provider to fix that.
I can't tell you where and how to modify it unless you give the URL of your website (and please increase the time the popup is opened) so that I can see the CSS of your template.

Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

10 years 3 months ago #138833

Hi Mohamed and thank you for a quick reply.

First I was trying to have the cart as a menu item by using Hikashop/Cart display when creating menu item. The "Proceed to checkout" option didn't show there. So I made a menu item called Checkout. But this made the pop up box return a 404 error.

So I deleted those two menu items, set up an article page called "Your shopping cart" in menu and then activated the Hikashop cart module and assigned it to that page. This is fine and in the end gives good results.

I see you are correct regarding the CSS issue as the pop up box looks fine in the Protostar default Joomla template. I have created the template in Artisteer, so I will try to find out a solution there as it's not an issue with Hikashop.

Thanks again for your reply, it was really helpful.

Kind regards
Aegir

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds