Pre-sale question: Users as vendors

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
13 years 2 months ago #8561

Hi,
I am looking for an e-commerce solution that will allow my users to set up their own store and have their own products. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Brent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
13 years 2 months ago #8563

Hi,

HikaShop does not have multi vendor feature for now so you won't be able to do it.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #8704

Is this something you are thinking of bringing in.

I have an enquiry from a customer who is willing to pay to have this feature. Is it something you could implement as a priority in return for payment?
Thnaks

13 years 2 months ago #8712

That's something we would like to add in the future but that won't be possible before at least few months as it will require quite some time. If you need it sooner, you could look at hiring a freelancer to add that in HikaShop.

13 years 2 months ago #8740

Nicolas,

This is something I have asked time ago too, and I know there are more people interested in this feature. I sum to danny proposal to even pay for having this feature implemented.

It would be nice to know the road map and your plans and when you think this feature will be finally added to hikashop. I did not bought business version yet just because of this.

Hope you can give us more precise dates, it would help without doubt.

Anyway, thank you Nicolas for stunning component and amazing support :)

13 years 2 months ago #8754

Well, then, if a lot of persons are interested we could probably find an arrangement to do it sooner. You can contact us via that page www.hikashop.com/en/support/contact-us.html to discuss that if you would like to contribute financially to the development of such feature.

Also, if you could tell us what you really want to do with that ? Who receives the money ? Who sets the prices (the owner or the users) ? How is the website owner margin calculated ? Who receive payment notifications ? Can a user order something from different sellers ? How should it be handled ?
I'm sure that not everyone has the same needs, so that would help us plan the design of such big functionality.

13 years 1 month ago #10927

This is a feature I need as well. For example:

1) user can petition to become a user-vendor
2) user-vendor can log in, upload graphics, text, set their price, upload a digital good, etc
3) processing is authorized on the back end according to the site owner's preferences
4) would also be able to incorporate automated downloads
5) site-owner can decide if purchaser details are exposed to the user-vendor or not (not CC, but name, email, etc)

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds