Social DRM for ebooks

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #15748

Hello,

I'm currently selling epub and pdf ebooks with social DRM using customized LiveCart version. Will it be possible to implement customer's name and IP embedding into epub and pdf ebooks sold with Hikashop?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 10 months ago #15758

There is no such option within HikaShop by default.
I don't know how epub and pdf's DRM work so I wouldn't be able to tell if and how you could do that with HikaShop. I can just say that we have an API which enables you to write plugins for HikaShop which can then be triggered when an order is created/confirmed/cancelled in order to do some processing so maybe that using that you could generate custom copies of the files for the customer...

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #15809

Scripts that I'm using now write customer name into file when he presses download button, so he downloads custom copy of the book and pristine one remains on the server. Will you be able to write such script for HikaShop for me?

• Thank you received: 4004
12 years 10 months ago #15812

Hi,

I think that with your currents scripts, we will be able to use it (to port it) in order to create your plugin.
For a quote please ask from the "contact us" page.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 5 months ago #125678

Hi there, do you already have the DRM plugin? We have essential version of hikashop and would really apreciate such a plugin.

10 years 5 months ago #125680

Hi,

No, we haven't this specific DRM plugin.

But since the past two years, we created HikaSerial which allow to sell unique serials/files/data and which have a plugin with the "secure e-book" platform.
Like I said two years ago, it is still possible to do some custom development in order to implement such custom plugin.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 5 months ago #126707

How does the hikaserial works with e-books? ex. I want to sell pdf of a book to a customer. He orders and download a pdf - how it is protected against redistribution? Does he need to fill serial no. when he wants to open PDF? thanks for answer. We are considering two options - to buy HikaSerial, or to develop DRM plugin - but we will need a developer for the second option. We have found something like this: pastebin.com/9iuNE4SC and pastebin.com/1Yy8xgKB but it is for older version of Joomla - maybe it would be fine to just rewrite the code for Joomla 2.5, but we still need a developer for that.

10 years 5 months ago #126742

Hi,

For e-books, HikaSerial uses the platform "secure ebook" like I said in my previous message.
It is "secure ebook" which secure the ebooks... like his name say it.
HikaSerial makes the link with the platform and redirect the download request to them.

The HikaShop API is alwas retro-compatible. A plugin which work with HikaShop 1.5.5 should work without any problem with HikaShop 2.2
But his compatibility with Joomla is another thing (1.5 / 2.5 / 3.x ).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 5 months ago #126754

Thanks for answer - I did not realized secure ebook platform...but it's not a cheap thing for a market of 2000 printed books (I do not know how many e-books we will sell) So we have to search for a low cost solution (looks like rewrite of the plugin is the best option for us) - is there anyone in hikashop willing to do this for us - how much it will cost?

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 5 months ago #126778

Hi,

You can send a quote request via our contact form, or ask to a third developer to do that, you can too publish a request in the commercial jobs part of our forum.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds