Checkout workflow questions

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 11 months ago #16633

Please respond to the following issues/questions about the checkout process:
(I am using the Authorize.net payment plugin)

1)I was able to submit and process an order by providing only my credit card number and expiration date. I did not input any shipping address or billing address information and no error message appeared to indicate that that was necessary.
How can I make the shipping address and billing address fields required?

2)In the Authorize.net settings, I have selected "Yes" for Card Validation Code but in the checkout process, no window appeared that would allow me to enter this code.
How can I require it and show a window to enter this information?

3)A transaction summary page did not appear.
Prior to submitting the transaction, how can I show the customer a page that summarizes all of the purchase information such as product purchased, price, shipping and billing information, credit card number, etc.?

4)I have set up different tax zones, tax rates and tax rules for different states such as California and New York. Will the tax be applied after the shipping information is inserted? Will it appear on the transaction summary page?

5)Here is a screen capture of my checkout workflow window:

Do I need to alter the checkout workflow to make any of the above happen?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 11 months ago #16651

1. You removed the login_address_ part of the checkout workflow. That's what is responsible for handling the user address. If you add it back, the addresses interface will be displayed again.

2. I suppose that it's because you use the SIM API. Here is the explanation from the documentation:

Card validation code : If you have the CCV option activated in your authorize.net account, you will have to activate this option so that the CCV of the credit card is collected and then transmitted to authorize.net. This parameter is only useful for the AIM API.

. You can find more information about the different options of the authorize.net plugin on www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...form.html#additional

3. You can change your checkout workflow for that. For example, you could have something like that:
login_address_shipping_payment_coupon_cart_status_fields,address_shipping_payment_coupon_cart_status_fields_confirm,end

4. Yes. Yes. Note that you need to set the tax category for your products as well.

5. Yes, for 1. and 3.

12 years 11 months ago #16666

This is great...thanks very much Nicolas!

12 years 11 months ago #16667

A few more questions please:

1)My client would prefer that his customers not be required to log in which is why I removed the login_address_part of the checkout workflow.
When I made a test purchase earlier today without the login screen, the address interface was displayed but the address fields were not required.
How can I make the shipping address and billing address fields required without making the customer login?

2)I need the tax to be applied and displayed on the very next screen after the customer inputs the address information but before the transaction is submitted for processing to the bank.
How can I display a transaction summary page with the applied tax and shipping before the transaction is submitted for processing?

12 years 10 months ago #16671

1. You need to leave the login_ part in the checkout workflow. You have the "registration" option of the "checkout" tab of the configuration which enables to deactivate the registration (commercial editions) and, in that case, only the email of the user will be asked

2. Doesn't the solution provided on 3 in my previous message answer that question ?

12 years 10 months ago #16713

Thanks Nicolas.
I'll work with this some more and get back to you with any questions.
I plan to buy the commercial version for this client in the coming weeks.
Must I uninstall the Starter before installing the commercial version or will the Starter be over-written by the new installation?

12 years 10 months ago #16725

You can install updates and upgrades over your current version without uninstalling it.

12 years 10 months ago #16733

Thanks.

I am not able to get the tax function to work for any of my products.
I have created some tax zones, categories, rates and rules and have set the tax category in each product information window.

1)When I add a product to the cart and complete my purchase, the tax is not applied.
What have I left out that I need to do to get the tax added on?

2)On the summary page that appears before the transaction is processed, the shipping charge shows but is not labeled as shipping (see image above).
How can I add the word shipping next to this charge?

Attachments:

12 years 10 months ago #16740

1. It must be on of the problems explained in the FAQ: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...ion-listing.html#faq
2. The screenshot you're given us is NOT something in HikaShop.

12 years 10 months ago #16745

Thank you.

12 years 10 months ago #16749

I checked all my tax-related settings against the tax FAQ information and everything looks correct. Please answer these additional questions that may help me to get the tax function working:

1)When creating a tax rate, what should we input for the "Tax namekey"?
Should the "Tax namekey" be the tax zone name, tax zone name in English, code 2 letters or code 3 letters?

2)When we create a tax zone with subzones, must we also create a tax category for each subzone?

12 years 10 months ago #16752

1. The tax namekey can be anything. It doesn't mater. It's just there so that you can recognize it easily.
2. No. But I wonder why you created new zones and not directly used the states zones in your tax rules ?

12 years 10 months ago #16827

OK, I got the tax function working...thanks for all your help!
I have one final problem:
When I view the products on my web pages, the products show prices that include the tax.
How can I display the product prices without the tax?

12 years 10 months ago #16833

You have the option "Show taxed prices" in the tab "display" of the configuration which is the default setting. Then, for each module and menu you created, you have the same option which overrides the default option of the configuration. You can access the menu/module's options via the menu Display->Content menus/modules.

12 years 10 months ago #17044

That's great...thanks!

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds