Payments and Registration

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #19749

I have 2 potential clients with different check out needs. Have searched forums but no exact answer. Both clients want to stay away from the login/registration process as it scares people away.

Client number 1 only uses paypal as his payment option. He can get all the customers shipping details from paypay. Once a customer to his website has their items, and proceeds to checkout, it goes straight to the paypal secure payment page. Payment gets made and he ships using the paypal address on the customers paypal info. Can be done?

Client 2 only takes credit card payments. He needs shipping info, but no registration. When his customer has their products in the cart and hits proceed to checkout is it possible to only have shipping address and credit card option (already opened and ready to insert number). Once this is complete, there is only the one button that says pay now. These details are then sent to the client and he uses the information to take payment using his merchant account with card swipe on the counter and shipping details.

Perhaps i am not understanding the system that is set up, but it just seems like to many steps which may scare customers away. Is there a real streamline way of getting payments?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 9 months ago #19758

Hi,

1. You can remove the views login_address_ from the "checkout workflow" option of the configuration. That way, when the user clicks on next, on the checkout, it goes straight to PayPal.

2. If you want the address, you need to keep the "checkout workflow" but change the "registration" option to "no registration" (commercial editions only). That way, only the email and address information will be asked on the checkout and no account will be created for the user. You can use the credit card payment plugin to collect the user's credit card in order to process it manually on your end.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mrazy

12 years 9 months ago #19839

Thanks Nicolas,

I have already configured the cart with

remove the views login_address_ from the "checkout workflow" option of the configuration.

but it does not go directly to the secure login at paypay. It still remains on my site but at the paypal page with the proceed button. I want to skip this step as paypay is the only payment option. Once proceeded to clicked, is it possible to go to the paypal secure login?

Please look at

549.com.au/shop/index.php?option=com_hik...out=listing&Itemid=3

pretend to purchase item and you will see what i mean.

thnaks for your support, it is fantastic.

PS. when are you going to be listed again on joomla extenions as i am keen to write my first ever review.

Thx

12 years 9 months ago #19844

Ok. Then, you need to edit the file step of the view checkout and add the code below just after the first <?php tag:

$doc =& JFactory::getDocument();
$js = '
do_nothing( function() {
document.forms[\'hikashop_checkout_form\'].submit();
});
';
$doc->addScriptDeclaration("<!--\n".$js."\n//-->");

The JED team has stated a removal of 90 days from the JED in their email. But since their reason for the removal is that we have commercial extensions on our website, we'll probably be removed again or won't even be allowed again...

12 years 9 months ago #20053

Hey,

In views i have 19 checkout files.

Do i need to change it in all of them.

If i am not in the right place could you please give me the path to it. Thx

12 years 9 months ago #20069

No, only the file "step" of the checkout view.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds