Multiple Views (flypages)

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago #24371

Hi guys,

The one (and ONLY B) ) thing I think is better in virtuemart is te ability to define a different flypage for a category/product. That way, you can diplay products in very different ways.

Is this something which is possible now (and I haven't figured out yet) or something which is planned in a future release of Hikashop?

If not, I suppose this is a feature request to have the ability to use different 'views' for different categories/products. It's a very powerful function providing a massive amount of flexibilty.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Phil

Create your own style of luxury bespoke furniture online

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 8 months ago #24382

Having the possibility to assign different product pages layout to different categories is not yet possible. That's something we want to add in the future.

However, that doesn't mean that you can't do it at the moment if you need to. We did it on our demo website:
On that page www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ow&Itemid=84&lang=en you have a special layout, while on the other product pages, it uses the normal layout.
To do that, we just have overridden the show file of the view product and added a small check like that: " if product is tablet load that file else load that other file".

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago #24384

Cool, thanks Nicolas, I'll have a play

Create your own style of luxury bespoke furniture online

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds