Question on upgrade and THANKYOU!!

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #31672

Hi Hikari team,

I am so impressed with the basic version of Hikashop that I want to upgrade. Thank you so much for this product, it is truly great. I am a business user with quite some IT managmenet experience but absolutely no ecommerce experience and am quite new to Joomla too, yet I managed to set up a shop in around 40 hours without help. There are some complexities to get your head around if you have never implimented a ecommerce solution before but it was all very feasible, and fun too!!

Its not clear to me if I can go from Starter to Business in one step because you describe upgrading from Essentials on the Business page.

My shop is here: www.emdia.dk if you want to have a look. I am in the process of adding products now that its looking and behaving the way I want it to.

Thanks again for a great extension.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 4 months ago #31704

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words.

No problem for the upgrade. You can just buy the Business edition and use the install package you will download to upgrade your HikaShop to the Business edition. You won't loose any data but we still recommend that you do a backup of your website, just in case.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #31829

I second the question, and the praises.

I've tried other shopping carts, and so far, this seems to be the front runner. If I get the results i'm looking for (and the registrations for my software), I'm considering upgrading for the "affiliates" functionality.

The price seems a little steep (@ $140.00) for the single bit of added functionality I'm interested in. Any plans on selling individual add-ons on an as-needed basis? i'd be more willing to pay for the features i want, rather than a bundle full of features that i know i'll never use...

Just a thought, and again, a thanks for the great component...

well done.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 4 months ago #31851

We don't plan on changing that bundle system for now.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds