iPhone/Android Apps for Hikashop...

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago #222282

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5

Hi everyone,

I know there was a topic started before but I searched and couldn't find it and since this is more and more relevant I figured I would post a new discussion...

[more than 60% of Traffic is now from Mobile devices] and in the specific case of eCommerce more than 50% come from Mobile. Additionally, iOS devices drove 3X the e-commerce sales [not to be confused with Traffic] of Android.

So, I have been looking for a while for a solution and surprisingly none have emerged - there used to be one about 1.5-2 yrs ago that had been started but disappeared after only some months... but not much more...

And today, one of my clients [for whom I'm of course using Joomla and Hikashop ;)], contacted me about 'What do we need to do to have an app?' - the 6th-7th request this year so far - but definitely all of my previous requests were for sites/clients who were not even close to being ready for that!

In my search, I came across something that looks interesting/promising - github.com/jibon57/Joomla_API
as it already has support for quite a few things...

I realize this doesn't create an App but getting the data in/out of the site is very important...

I looked a bit into MobiCommerce but their website as often is the case with Indian companies is too vague about what they are or can do and/or doesn't exude confidence...

Any other solutions that anyone has found out there?

Particularly interested in ones that allow easy configuration of app via a tool [i.e. trying to avoid a 100% custom app development cycle from scratch from both a time and cost standpoint].

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by exlemor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 4 months ago #222305

So I think you lost the topics which talked about Web Services, API, Mobile application and... HikaShop 3 / HikAPI
github.com/HikaShop/hikapi

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 4 months ago #222401

Salut Jérome,

I had come across that but to be honest, it looked 'no longer being developed or abandoned etc because there was only 1 contributor, 1 commit [the other 2 are the initial license and read me commits] and that was 7 months ago...

I read somewhere in that Project that there would be things coming in the future but I figured if no activity in 7 months then it must not be active anymore...

Sorry if that wasn't the case!

Is there anything useful in github.com/jibon57/Joomla_API that could be combined with github.com/HikaShop/hikapi to move the project further along?

Just wondering.

I'm *not* an app developer but as it stands, is there enough in github.com/HikaShop/hikapi for an iPhone or Android developer to actually hook in/talk to Hikashop and get product data to/from a site as well as possibly shopping cart, payment processor and shipping rules information? It didn't seem to have those features yet but like I said i'm no app developer :(

Thanks for the help,
Cheers,

Emmanuel.

8 years 4 months ago #222406

Hi,

Did you notice that the repository you mentioned is also "1 contributor" and do not have any update since 7 months ? (Updating the "readme" is not an update)
After that, I'm sorry but the other repository is not a stable component (no design, no specification, no uniformity, no flexibility).
So there is not a single line of code that could be useful in HikAPI ; which is already providing much more features and stability.

If you just look at HikAPI repository you will notice that the contributor is me and if I do not update the repository it is because the plugin is stable and is working fine like that.
I won't be stupid enough to publish something not working or keeping a dead repository. As I don't need to update a plugin which does not require any update.

You can keep your prejudice about that repository and about my work if you want.
But in that case I don't think that I need to wrote a long explanation or resume of what have been already said/wrote about HikaShop 3 and HikAPI.
So you'll now when we will release it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 4 months ago #222552

Salut Jérome,

I think you truly misunderstood the tone of my message.

I wasn't attacking you, your work or the API you published, I was asking where it was in its development and if it was still active.

I have seen many projects on GitHub which start and are a work in progress
which is to be expected as it is a repository after all..

I have no prejudice for or against you or your work and keep in mind that I said I'm not an App developer.

So based on your answer, the current API is finished and ready to run with which is great.

Does it provide an app developer enough access to Hikashop to get product data to/from a site as well as possibly shopping cart, payment processor and shipping rules information?

If not, what is not yet implemented? and what is on the future project map in terms of new features / capabilities that you are thinking about adding?

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

8 years 4 months ago #222562

Hi,

Okay.

HikAPI provides a communication interface ; that plugin is working fine and we already use it in some internal websites.
With just HikAPI system plugin, you have currently no service ; you need "hikapi" plugins for that.

HikaShop 3 will include that HikAPI plugin and will also include hikapi plugins.
These plugins will provide the different API for HikaShop features (products, categories, cart, checkout, vote, etc).
I spent already 10 months on HikaShop 3 development in order to refactor a lot of elements and provide a system which can work entirely using web services (including checkout and payment methods).

Now I released HikAPI 7 months ago ; during the Joomla Day in France.
I had hopes that the plugin could interest users, mostly when existing components/plugins are not free and does not follow the REST specifications (specially for the authentication part).
But I guess that HikAPI will show his benefits when we will include it into HikaShop with the interface plugins.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 4 months ago #222594

Hi Jérome,

Well that's a nice explanation and even understood it ;) lol

On the topic of Hikashop 3 - sounds exciting... but I'm not finding information about it...

I did a search on the website, Google and the forums here and found out about the New HikaAuction..

SWEET - its info page doesn't mention what type of auctions it supports but other than that, a welcome addition
to the Hikashop/Joomla community.

If you could point me to anything that I can read on Hikashop 3 - it would be sweet!
Cheers,

Emmanuel.

• Thank you received: 13064
8 years 4 months ago #222635

Hi,

HikaShop 3 will mainly contain a complete overhaul of the add to cart mechanism and the checkout system.
It will allow for much more flexibility, will prevent the issues we had with some of the ways people configured their checkout, and will be more pleasant for the customers.
It will be a big plus for every one.
We still have a lot of work on it in order to finish it, but it's come a long way now and we see the light at the end of the tunnel.
It will also have a lot of other improvements, like a new backend dashboard.

Regarding HikaAuction, it supports a lot of things regarding auctions, but mainly it allows you to do something like ebay. But if you need more details about it, I invite you to post a thread on the HikaAuction forum.

• Thank you received: 92
7 years 7 months ago #249480

Hi
I post also about hikapi here ( french) because i see also the BIG advantage that hikashop could have if people in client side use SAP ( single page application) that can make AJAX Call to the REST server service using json data .
In a way hikashop consume ticket is or could be a REST service because format=html and not json !!
I think SPA page ll a specific page among other joomla page ( joomla send html js css image) but you need really understand the difference beetween all the differents available SPA Framework ( phonegap , angular , Jquery UI ) . It nice that joomla frontend like many CMS i think let us use any CSS framework or javascript library in the Front End compare to BackEnd ( stick to bootstrap version "prototype first " ) .

I don't read enough documentation to be able to summarize wich "php" CMS or Framework or library
-should be use
-implement the whole specification ( SOAP vs XML-RPC vs REST. )
-are already use !!!

As always look around joomla ecosystem could be usefull to know if joomla is the way to go in 2016
joomla drupal wordpress see 1
joomla see 1
drupal see 1
wordpress see 1

i was not aware of the hikashop Auction plug in and really a new world i have to test and discover !!!
Regard ' s

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by lionel75.

• Thank you received: 13064
7 years 7 months ago #249486

Hi,

Yes, Joomla is moving forward and plans on adding web services capabilities in the next few months.
On our end, HikaShop 3's beta is almost ready and so the final release is not far.
Having web services integrated in HikaShop will be the next step :)

• Thank you received: 62
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 7 months ago #249561

Is it possible to test HK 3 beta ?

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by erickb.

7 years 7 months ago #249564

would definitely love to beta test it too...

7 years 7 months ago #249571

Hi,

It will be possible when we will release the Beta.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 7 months ago #249641

Hi

Really great to ear that since i "waste" my last 3 months to master the javascript ecosystem ( angular, module ,loader, sync, jquery UI , angular UI , AJAX , promise , callback , nodejs , webpack , typescript , harmony ) .

Does someone has others interestings links about joomla that i don't know about joomla rest Web service API ?
I ll stay tune to this page ( bookmark) ....... and ll improve my php anf joomla php skill

Regards

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by lionel75.

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 6 months ago #250371

Hi,
Think you may have a look at www.appmachine.com/
You can make apps very easily and by using the Excel import, web services and/or java script you will have your products updated in no time. I am using appmachine for several of my projects.

Kind regards,
Cornel

7 years 6 months ago #250372

I had come across that before but even though it is only $ 49/month, for most of my small business clients that's quite expensive... not sure what others are finding with their clients.../ for themselves...

7 years 6 months ago #250487

Hi
It look like a gui builder with e-commerce functionnalities like tool like wix or create webly .
specific tool ( prestashop/ magento), CMS or sass for e-commerce the choice depends of what you want , price , easy , functionnality , customize , skill ......
In al lthe case, each e-commerce need database of product with great images ( process by photoshop ? size , ratio , hd/sd) and this take time to create and import ( in csv format ) .

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by lionel75.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 5 months ago #254099

so happy to hear that!

6 years 9 months ago #272829

Please check our hikashop application ready.

Andriod:- play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.harmis.joomapp&hl=en
itunes:- itunes.apple.com/in/app/harmis-hika/id1207239203?mt=8

Buy it from here :- www.harmistechnology.com/hjoomapp/our-pr...roduct/Harmis-&-Hika

contact at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards,
Hardik Mistry

• Thank you received: 2
4 years 11 months ago #306442

Hi, is anybody user play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.harmis.hikashop&hl=en
Is it application OK?
What about support is it ok?
Thax

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds