Multiple Unit of Measure

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago #21307

Is it possible to enable/create multiple Units of Measure (UOM) - with matching Unit Quantities - for different Product Items. If so how would you go about achieving it for the below example.

For Example :-

I have Product A which costs $10 per unit and can be bought in the following UOM's - EA, 5pk and 10pk.
EA has a Unit Quantity of 1
5pk has a Unit Quantity of 5 with a 10% discount per unit
10pk has a Unit Quantity of 10 with a 20% discount per unit

Ideally on the add to cart page, it would be nice to have a UOM drop down box to choose that appropriate package size. Once this package size is selected it would automatically calculate the prices, shipping weight, discounts (if applicable) based on the the Unit Quantity of that package size.

Based on the above the following scenarios and results should be displayed

1. Customer orders 2 x EA of Product A (Total Unit Quantity = 2)
Calculations would be 2 * $10 = $20

2. Customer orders 1 x 5pk of Product A (Total Unit Quantity = 5)
Calculations would be 1 * ($10 * 5) * 0.90 (10% discount) = $$45

3. Customer orders 3 x 5pk of Product A (Total Unit Quantity = 15)
Calculations would be 3 * ($10 * 5) * 0.80 (20% discount) = $120 (discount is 20% because Total Unit Quantity is Greater than 10)

4. Customer orders 1 x 10pk of Product A (Total Unit Quantity = 10)
Calculations would be 1 * ($10 * 10) * 0.80 (20% discount) = $80

I hope I have explained myself enough. If this can be achieved I would definitely be looking at your product more closely as it is an extremely HIGH priority feature for our business.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 8 months ago #21319

Hi,

When you add prices to products in HikaShop, you can select a minimum quantity for which that price will be applied.
So with your example, you would just have three price:
min qty of 0 => $10
min qty of 5 => $9
min qty of 10 => $8

Then, based on the quantity of the product in the cart, the corresponding unit price will be selected automatically.

12 years 8 months ago #21469

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your reply. I was aware that you could set up minimum quantity price structure as you outlined. This is not exactly the result I was trying to achieve.

I am wanting to create a "Drop down" selection box where the customer can choose the pack size with the Quantities and prices automatically being recalculated.

The example I gave was very simplistic to get my request across.

A better example to show the NEED for the "drop down box" Units of Measure field would be in the following.

We purchase Product A from our Supplier in a Pack Size of 100 (to be display as 100pk in drop down box). This has a Unit Quantity size of 1. Lets forget about details on Supplier cost price and margins we use to get our Sale Price to Customer. Let's just assume that the Sale Price of Product A to our Customer is $100 for a 100pk. This is the default Sale Method and used for 90% of sales. Occassionally we allow for the default 100pk to be split into a 50pk (Pack size of 50 with a Unit Quantity Size of 0.5) or sold as EA (Pack size of 1 with a Unit Quantity Size of 0.01). On top of this we have a Discount Structure for buying multiple pack sizes of 100.

DEFAULT = 100pk - Unit Quantity = 1 and Sales Price = $100.00
1000pk - Unit Quantity = 10 and Sale Price = $750.00 (25% Discount)
50pk - Unit Quantity = 0.5 and Sale Price = $75.00
EA - Unit Quantity = 0.01 and Sale Price = $1.50

So on the Product/Add to cart page you would have a QTY (text Edit) field AND a UOM (unit of measure drop down field) which will be calculated together to form the Unit Quantity Total and then be used calculate the Displayed Price.

Based on the above, here is a couple of scenarios :-

1. Customer orders 2 x 100pk of Product A (Total Unit Quantity = 2) Customer enters 2 in Quantity field and selects 100pk in UOM drop down box.
Calculations would be 2 * 1 (2 x 100pk - $100) = $200

2. Customer orders 1 x 1000pk of Product A (Total Unit Quantity = 10) Customer enters 1 in Quantity field and selects 1000pk in UOM drop down box.
Calculations would be 1 * 10 (1 x 1000pk - $750) = $750

3. Customer orders 1 x 50pk of Product A (Total Unit Quantity = 0.5) Customer enters 1 in Quantity field and selects 50pk in UOM drop down box.
Calculations would be 1 * 0.5 (1 x 50pk - $75) = $75.00

4. Customer orders 30 x EA of Product A (Total Unit Quantity = 0.3) Customer enters 30 in Quantity field and selects EA in UOM drop down box.
Calculations would be 30 * 0.01 (30 x EA - $1.50) = $45.00

I hope this outlines my request clearer.

Regards

Matt

12 years 8 months ago #21479

Then, in that case, you could create a characteristic "pack" with the different possibilities as values (100pk, 1000pk, 50pk, EA). Then, add the characteristic to your product and with the "manage variants" button, define your prices for each variant. That should allow you to do what you want.

12 years 8 months ago #21526

Hi Nicolas,

In terms of pricing that gives the result I am looking for. Thanks.

However, in terms of stock control and trying to display the quantities left after the transaction/order has been processed - How do you get that to work correctly if you are using the characteristics.

For example if I start with 10 x 100pk (Total number of Units = 10) and I sell 80 x EA (Total Units Sold = 0.8 -> 80 x 0.01). The Total number of Units left in stock needs to be 9.2

Can Hikashop keep track of stock levels?

12 years 8 months ago #21538

Hi,

HikaShop can keep track of stocks. However, it only handles integers and your customers cannot buy 9.2 products. They can only buy 9 or 10 products.
If you go in the "manage variants" button of your product, you can edit each variant of your product and set a quantity for each one of them. So you will have to manage the stocks for each variant separately. The stocks will be updated automatically when an order is created or cancelled/refunded.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds