Coupons and discounts

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #30938

Hi,

Sorry to bother you guys again, but I found some problems with coupons and discounts. I went through the forum and found some of answers, but I feel I'm not satisfied 100%.

1. Would it be possible to limit coupons/discounts to several categories and not just one? Right now I moved my categories to use a discount in one folder. But I don't have a lot of them.. I'm just thinking about others with tons of products and different categories.

2. Also, it's hard to use coupons. I understand if there is one products from coupon group and another one is not, the coupon is calculated on the total amount.. I think there should be a better way to use as we want our customers to have a code, but we want to restrict the code for some products..

Is it something that you are planning on the next release? If yes, when will it be?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13058
12 years 4 months ago #30947

Hi,

1. No, you will have to create several discounts in that case. Categories rarely goes over a few hundred so it should be manageable in most cases.

2.We understand the problematic but don't have a solution for that yet. The way the coupon system is done does not allow for that as coupons are for the whole order and there can only be one coupon per order. If you have implementation ideas for that, we'll be happy to hear them :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds