Discounts

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 10 months ago #53175

I've just upgraded to 1.5.8 and the discounts appear to no longer work.

I can select a sub-category and the discounts show, but when I select a category and tick the "include sub-category" box this does not include the sub-categories - the discount disappears!
Any thoughts?

I would also lke to create a link to all items which have a discount applied to them - is there a way of doing this (other than creating a category "sale items" and assigning those items to that category?

Kind regards

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 10 months ago #53259

1. Thank you for the report. We found the problem and corrected it. Please download again the latest version from our website and install it and it will work.

2. There is no other option for now.

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 10 months ago #53264

bendraper wrote: I would also lke to create a link to all items which have a discount applied to them - is there a way of doing this (other than creating a category "sale items" and assigning those items to that category?

Hello,

It seems that i have a similary need ... how do you thinking about this need ?
- a new MENU link type that will display a discount product list ?
or
- a MODULE that will display a list of n discount product ?

11 years 10 months ago #53267

What I want to do:

In the menus and modules forms views of the back end, in the products parameters area, add a new yes/no option called "only discounted products".
Then, in the listing function of the components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php file, I'd like to add a block of code in order to add a condition in the $filters array of conditions so that the main query used in the listing of products would not display non discounted products when that option is activated.
The tricky part will be to handle all the restriction options of discounts: a discount could be only for some user groups, a discount could be only for a product, or only for the products of a category, or only for the products of a category including its sub categories. So would get quite complex to do that properly.

Another simpler approach would be to have a dropdown of the discounts instead of the yes/no option so that the code in the listing view would only base itself on the options of one discount. But that's still complex to handle.

So that's why it's not done yet... It's possible, but not easy, and with the category trick you can already kind of do that...

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 10 months ago #53295

the category trick works just fine - I have set up a discount category and then percentage sub categories with the discount applied to the relevant sub-category.

You then just set a link to the category to show all sub-elements and then assign the sub-category to each product that you want to have a discount applied to - works fine.

I would like to change the way that the discount is displayed.
It looks find in the product page "£ 22.50(strikethrough)£ 20.25 each"
but it is "-10%£ 20.25 each" on the product listing page.

Ideally I would like it to show "original price (strikethrough) -(discount %") final price - on both product listing (categories page) and the product detail page

could you point me to the file that I need to amend to do this please? Hikashop is such a great product it's got that many options and files it's hard to know where to look sometimes!!

Thanks

11 years 10 months ago #53364

Regarding the way discounted prices are displayed, I invite you to read that thread:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/46230...iscounted-price.html

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds