Price Issues

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 10 months ago #55036

I have a product which can only have a maximum of 2 per order. There is a different price for purchasing 1, and a cheaper price if purchasing 2. The product also has some characteristics such as colour choice and variant products which should add extra amounts to price.

The pricing is not working.

1. I have the minimum quantity per order set to 0.
2. I have the maximum quantity per order set to 2.
3. I have a price set for ordering 1 item. $95.00.
4. I have a price set for ordering 2 of the same item. $180.00

On the front end I go to the product, don't touch the variants, and add 2 of the same item to the shopping cart. Under the price, there is a sentence which says "$ 180.00 per unit for buying at least 2" which is correct BUT the shopping cart shows $190.00 - it is just adding 2 of the single item price.

At the same time I add to the cart, the error message comes up twice "Limit reached. Quantity reduced for product:". This error shouldn't come up if you have just ordered two of the same product (the maximum per order). It should only appear if you try to add another of the same product. Also why does the errors always show the error multiple times?

With 2 items in the cart at the wrong price of $190 - I test it again by trying to add another product. It lets me add 1 product and the error message disappears and there are 3 items in the mini-cart. I try to add another product and this time I get 3 lines of the same error message and the cart has reverted to showing only 2 products.

It always allows me to add 3 products even though I have set maximum to 2. It never shows the cheaper price when I order 2.

The + and the - to add additional products on the product screen is not working either in Chrome - haven't tested in other browers as yet.

Any help on the above would be great.

Oh and each variant also has a price for a single product and a 2nd product - assume this should come across correctly as well. But it isn't.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 10 months ago #55079

Hi,

Variants do not add extra price to the main product. They replace the price of the main product.
If you want things which add price to the product price, you should use options:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#options

Note that you ALWAYS have to enter the price per unit. Otherwise, it won't work properly. As you can see the sentence is not correct actually on your page..."$ 180.00 per unit for buying at least 2"... So it would cost $360 for two since that's the price per unit... So you should have a price of $90 instead of $180 in the prices of the product. That should make it work properly.

Regarding the min and max, it depends on how you set it... If you set a min and max in each variants of the product, it means that the limitations apply for each variant independently from one another. So you could actually have 4 products in the cart...2 from one variant, 2 from the other. You should make sure that you don't set these option in the variants and only in the main product settings. That way, the system will handle the quantity globally (we fixed that in the latest version as it was not working properly so make sure that you're using the latest version).

11 years 10 months ago #55094

I have got it working but there is an issue with the maximum quantity. I have set this at 2 for the main product, and the option product and the characteristic for the option under manage variants.

But I can order any amount of product and it adds it to the cart but comes up with message saying it has been exceeded. You can Proceed to checkout and it shows the number of products ordered and pricing but has the same error message

You can't proceed through the checkout process though and the error "Limit reached. Quantity reduced for product:" remains. Only thing is the customer won't know what the maximum order is and will just have to keep adjusting till they find it. It is good that they can't go on through the checkout process until the quantity has been changed down to 2 but it is a bug as the limit should be checked immediately before upgrading the cart - it doesn't even show the maximum quantity number in the error message.

Any ideas?

11 years 10 months ago #55166

We don't have the problem on our end.

Could you try to turn on the debug mode of the joomla configuration and try again ? Do you get some errors ?

If not, could you give a link to that product page so that we can see that ?

11 years 10 months ago #55266

Not getting any errors when Joomla debug set to Maximum.

Go to this link:

www.ecomad.com.au/ecomadBamboo/shop-cate...gory_pathway-35.html

Go to the quantity and increase it to 4 items then add to cart - don't choose any of the options - leave as is.

You will see the cart say $350 which is for 4 items ($85.00 x 4 + $10.00 delivery). I get the error message "Limit reached. Quantity reduced for product:"
This should only show 2 items at a total cost of $180.00

Click on Proceed to Checkout and I get the error message "Limit reached. Quantity reduced for product:"

Click on the next button to go to Login screen. It won't go to the Login screen and just sits at the cart checkout screen with the same error message.

I reduce it to 3 items in the quantity as a test and it comes up with the same error message but it appears twice but this time the cart has actually been updated to 2 items as per what it should be. Then I can click through to the login screen.

I have checked the main product to say maximum 2 products and also the options variants quantities have not been touched.

11 years 10 months ago #55349

Normally, it shouldn't even allow you to add a quantity above 2 on the product page.
I think that the problem comes from the fact that you're using a characteristic and that you didn't set the max per product for each variants of the product via the "manage variants" area.
Could you try to change the line:
$checkfields = array('product_name','product_description','prices','images','discount','product_url','product_weight','product_weight_unit','product_keywords','product_meta_description','product_dimension_unit','product_width','product_length','product_height','files','product_contact');

to:
$checkfields = array('product_name','product_description','prices','images','discount','product_url','product_weight','product_weight_unit','product_keywords','product_meta_description','product_dimension_unit','product_width','product_length','product_height','files','product_contact','product_max_per_order');

in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/product.php ? That should allow the system to dynamically use the value of the main product if not set in each variants.

11 years 10 months ago #55433

Working now - I had maximum set on main product, and the option product and variants but did not change the characteristics of the product as I didn't think this would affect anything.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds