Discount: order 3 items for a special fixed price

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 5 months ago #220820

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.18

Hi,

For one of our customers we like to achieve to following.
• We have 2 (or more) categories with products.
• Those products have different prices.
• When visitor order 3 items they pay a special (and fixed) price.
• Any selection is possible, so 3 items of product A, but also 1 item of product A, 1 of product B and 1 of product C.
• The total quantity of products should always be 3 or a quantity many time higher (6, 9, 12, etc.).

Any suggestions how we can do this?

By the way, we have used variants for certain product (1/2 or 1 product selection) and edited it to get radio buttons

Looking forward to any response.

Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by pstelt. Reason: Make my question more clear...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 5 months ago #220829

Hi,

I think that the easiest solution will be to create a characteristic with all the bread possibilities as values.
Then create three products with this characteristic, this way it will create products with variants.

And finally create the main product and add the three previously created products as options.
Like that you can set the desired price on the main product and the customer can select three breads.

• Thank you received: 2
8 years 1 month ago #233799

I would like to achieve the same for my client (Hikashop business 2.6.1:

Buy 3 products of a certain category for a fixed price....

There are lots of products and they are constantly changing, is there not an easier way to achieve this?

Thank you

• Thank you received: 13096
8 years 1 month ago #233810

Hi,

The best in that case would be to build a small plugin to override the products price in the cart when the cart is loaded if there is the correct amount of products from that category.
That way, it would be all handled automatically.
It sure is possible but it will require some developer skills to do that. If you're a developer, then, you can use the product price override system. You can base yourself on the plugin we offer in the "How to sell products by Width and Length ?" section of the FAQ:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/106-faq.html#cart

The following user(s) said Thank You: ozwest

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds