how to auto apply discount to all products in a category correctly?

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 7 months ago #275660

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1

Hi

I want to auto apply discount to all products in a selected category.
1. I created the category called product 10% off
2. create a donation product and assign to that category and a vendor
3. create a discount (not coupon) 10% off, and assign to that category.

when I input the donation amount $100, then checkout with that product, I expect 10% off auto added to checkout ($90). but this is not happening.

Discount target vendor: Yes (what is this setting? I don't understand)

running multivendor

Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by skyfranky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 7 months ago #275669

Hi,

The donation plugin overrides the standard price calculated by the system for the product. So your discount is applied to the price of the product (supposedly 0) and then the donation plugin takes the value from the custom item field and override the calculated price.
So what you're describing is normal.
There is no system to apply a discount after the plugins have been triggered and the prices already overridden.
The simplest in your case would be to change the discount into a coupon with the "auto load in cart if possible" and the "Coupon percentage applies to product only" settings activated so that a coupon of the same value than your discount would be added to the whole cart.

The "Discount target vendor" setting defines who will get the discounted amount between the shop and the main vendor when HikaMarket calculates the repartition of the amounts when creating the sub orders after the order is created.
It's not linked to the situation you're talking about here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds