Enhance Coupon usage?

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #295479

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.2

Hello,

We are currently using AWOCoupon, but their price has sky rocketed and the product is causing numerous issues. i.e. constant loop on checkout which needs a code fix after each update.

Ideally we want to use Hikashop coupons, would you be open to extending Hikashop coupons initially to support parent coupons?

Many thanks
Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
5 years 8 months ago #295485

Hi,

I don't know what is "parent coupons", so I can't say if we want / can implement it. If it's complex and will require to rewrite the whole coupon system, I would tend to say no since AWO coupon already does it. If it can be added easily, then why not. For example, in a recent release, we've added a "free shipping" capability to the coupon system in HikaShop which was only possible before with AWOCoupon.

Note also that even if there is a feature that we don't propose by default with the coupon system, there are triggers you can implement in plugins of the group "hikashop" to be able to add custom restrictions, custom coupon value calculations, etc. So you can go pretty far with even only a few lines of code with the default coupon system.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #295696

Nicolas

The 'Parent' coupon concept is simply combining two or more existing coupons. For example:

Our client runs a promotion to all new customers. With the use of 1 coupon they want to be able to offer the following discounts:

• 1 x 3 for 2 of on 6 different SKUs (the discount will apply to any 3 of the SKUs which are placed in the basket)

• 1 x £5 off 2 different SKUs

• 1 x £10 off 1 SKU

• 1 x £20 off 1 SKU

This is constructed by creating the separate discount codes for each of the above scenarios and then placing them all in a ‘Parent’ coupon code that checks to see which of the 'child' discounts apply to the shopping basket.

In creation of the Parent Coupon I can choose

‘All that apply’
‘Lowest Value’
‘Highest Value’
‘Only if ALL apply’

The huge advantage of this is that when new SKUs are added to the discount I don’t have to change the whole discount structure – I just add the SKUs to the ‘Child’ discounts or add more child discounts if the offer changes.

It is a massivly useful extension to the Hikashop discount structure that we use all the time across all our ecommerce sites. (Currently 10 and gowing)

it would be great if you could implement as constantly editing the AWO Coupon code across many websites is a massive pain! Not to say expensive as it totally stops the cart working each time.there is an update.

Kind regards

Regards

Mike

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by mikekiy.

5 years 8 months ago #295749

Hi,

Thank you for the details and explanations.
That's something we could indeed add in the future.
I'll add that on our todo list.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #295751

Thanks Nicolas

if you need help and encouragement I am happy to contribute with examples and testing.

Kind regards

Mike

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #296107

Hi Nicolas,

Just wondering if we can help move along this feature? It would mean a great deal to us for our usage.

Many thanks

5 years 7 months ago #296113

Hi,

Thank you for your offer.
We didn't start anything yet as we're working on other things (Joomla 4 being the most important at the moment) so it's a bit early to talk about testing.

Remember that for now, you still have the option to use AWOCoupon for that if it's something you need soon.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds