Coupon and VAT incorrect

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 8 months ago #296946

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1

Hi,
I've got a coupon set up to give 10% discount
The total VAT on the invoice is incorrect.

Example: 17.45 - 10% (coupon code) = £16.00 + postage (£2.99) = £18.99
VAT at 20% should be £3.16
but it is showing VAT at £3.41 which is the before discount price.

I have tried with automatic taxes = yes, and with automatic taxes as no. Nothing has changed.

My taxes are set to apply discounts and coupons = after taxes

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 8 months ago #296947

Hi,

Mmm. I don't understand your calculations.
17.45 - 10% = 17.45 - 1.745 = 15.705 not 16. Why 16 ?
Please provide more details (screenshots) of how the product is configured, how the shipping method is configured (since shipping can have taxes too).
Note also that changing the "apply coupon" setting might help in the way the taxes are calculated in regards to coupons.

5 years 8 months ago #296979

You are right, it is actually not giving 10% off. I didn't even notice that part I was so concentrating on the tax. Best go give some refunds to my customers!

I'll sort out various screenshots today. I'll try changing the apply coupon now.

5 years 8 months ago #297001

Thank you again,
I managed to fix the actual percentage value by applying to product.

However, the VAT calculation is still incorrect. I have used both "before taxes" and "after taxes".

I'm sure I've just misconfigured something, I just can't see what, so I hope you can help.

Screenshots attached. - the last being the VAT calculation on the invoice, which should be £3.20

Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago #297019

Hi,

Thanks. So the 3.50 VAT corresponds to the VAT for the subtotal + the shipping => 17.99 + 2.99 = 20.98 => 20% of VAT for 20.98 is 3.50
This means that the coupon doesn't modify the VAT amount.
I suppose that it's because you have the "floating tax prices" setting which render the calculations more complex and lead to corner cases that we didn't anticipated.

I spent several hours on the problem and was able to find out a few issues with that kind of setup. I've added patches for them, tested them, and generated new packages with the fixes included.
So download again the install package on our website and install it on yours and that should help.

The following user(s) said Thank You: GB11

5 years 8 months ago #297028

Thank you very much. I'll install the update this evening.
I appreciate you taking the time to look into this :)

5 years 8 months ago #297071

Hi, I've downloaded the package and installed (although it is showing as 3.5.1, which I had installed already) and have just placed a dummy order. It is still showing the VAT at the pre coupon rate.

Should I change a setting on my coupon or taxes?
Or perhaps the package is incorrect?

Thanks very much

5 years 8 months ago #297073

Hi,

The package is correct on our website, I've verified just to be sure.
Are you sure that you used the correct install package and not the one you had downloaded before ?
Check that the build number, next to the version in the HikaShop configuration is 1808231405.
That's the build number of the package I generated yesterday. If the build number is not the same, then you didn't install the install package I uploaded yesterday.
If you do, then maybe the patch was not applied due to access right issues on some of the files or maybe you have another problem than the ones I was able to find and fix. In that case, I would need a backend and FTP access as well as precise instructions to reproduce the issue on your frontend so that I can debug the issue directly on your website. In that case, you can send all that along with a link to this thread via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

5 years 7 months ago #297253

Thank you.
I had changed 'apply coupon' to 'after taxes' when checking before and left it that way - and it did not work - going back to my screenshot below (before taxes) it now seems to be working as it should.

Thank you so much for your help with it. It is really appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds