User points coupon get removed after selected a second time user point payment

• Thank you received: 10
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 3 weeks ago #316236

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.15
-- PHP version -- : 7.4

I have activated the user points system and I want to use is as a partial payment. I select the user point payment methode, click Finish, the page refreshes and the user point are added as a coupon. The only problem is that the user points payment is still selected. When I click
finish again, the user points get issued again but now the coupon is removed. So the user payed two times the user points bu at the end have to pay the full amount.

Question:
1. Is is possible to change the option box to a checkbox in the user points payment plugin? When selected, the points get issues (coupon is created). And by un-checking the points get return to the user an the coupon get deleted.
or:
2. After the coupon is created the payment method get removed from the payment options so it will not be selected by default.

I hope you have a solution/fix!

This message contains confidential information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 3 weeks ago #316286

Hi,

Yes. I would recommend to turn on the "use virtual coupon" setting of your payment method as it's the case by default, and instead add the "user points" view to your checkout workflow after configuring the settings of the user points plugin via the Joomla plugins manager.
That will display a new view on your checkout where the customer will be able to see his points, the points that can be used, for how much of a discount on the final price, and he will have an option to use the points or not. That will also remove the payment method from the list of payment methods so you won't get that problem.
That's actually how we recommend to use the user points payment method in our documentation.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 3 weeks ago #316319

Hi Nicolas,

I tweaked the setup and divided the payment steps. But now the points discount is are added automatically when products are added to the card. How can I setup the point so that the user can choose to issue the point or not ans use the points on the next order?

To check you can login as Administrator with the credentials in the confidential part in the previous message.

This message contains confidential information

Hope you have tips!

Attachments:

4 years 2 weeks ago #316355

Hi,

Edit the settings of the user points plugin via the Joomla plugins manager.
You'll see settings for that there:
monosnap.com/file/PwuFYSq43da1CcK3bnemQ3hzX6sR0v

• Hikashop Business
4 years 2 weeks ago #316398

Thank you so much! I think we are almost there.
The point tab is added to the checkout workflow as a separate tab. It now says that I can use the point, but I have no clue Where I can select how many points I want to use? I just got a next button.
monosnap.com/direct/BCD4Vo8m7nVpNxHIdpIgeuugmqQpUw

In the next step there are the payment methods. Also no select option for the points...
monosnap.com/direct/0KHBw8JX1vxDXdbmESmX77iF68fCHM

Ik hope you can help me with this last configuration step.

Regards!

• Hikashop Business
4 years 2 weeks ago #316400

Found the setting in the plugin to enable the buttons to select the user points!!
Because of the poor translation I didn't know what the plugin setting did. So by just switching options on and off I found the settings.
Maybe a small translation change will be enough to prevent future confusion.
ASK_FOR_NO_COUPON="Activate Use Points buttons"

Also the User Point checkout step translation was missing.
HIKASHOP_CHECKOUT_PLG.SHOP.USERPOINTS="User Points"

4 years 2 weeks ago #316401

Hi,

From what I see in your screenshot of the display of the view on the checkout, it indicates that the setting "Ask for no coupon" is turned off in the plugin. But in your screenshot of the settings of the user points plugin, that setting is turned on. So I don't see it's possible unless you turned off that setting in between the screenshots.
Or maybe the value doesn't correspond to what's in the database. So make sure that this option is turned on and save the settings of the plugin once.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 4 days ago #316791

Hope you can help me with this settings problem.

Is there a way to add a default discount of 10% on the order when a user has reached 5 user points?
After the discount is added to the card and the payment has been done, the user point must be reset to 0.
The problem now is that I have to set a price for a user point. So setting 10% discount is difficult as this does not depend on price.

Hope you gave some tips!

4 years 4 days ago #316794

Hi,

I don't see a way to do that without some development.
I would personnally do it like this:
Create a custom plugin of the group "hikashop" basing myself on the "global cart fee" plugin ( www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/224-global-cart-fee.html ). This plugin can add a fee/discount (if the value is negative it's a discount :p) to the cart.
So I would add some logic to calculate the discount based on the total amount of the cart, and only if the user has at least 5 points. Then, I would also implement in that plugin the triggers onAfterOrderCreate and onAfterOrderUpdate to remove 5 points from the user's points if the discount was added to the cart.

This plugin could be developed by any PHP developer but it requires some skills to understand how it all works an the HikaShop way of doing things.
If that's something you would like us to work on, that's possible. In that case, you can send a quote request via our contact form along with a link to this thread for reference:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds