Can not add coupon to product

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #318067

-- HikaShop version -- : 4,2,3
-- PHP version -- : 7,2

We use coupon for product (free shipping)and when I want to add product to coupon wont save. We have some 50 product listed on that coupon. Now I can not add any new product. I can select, but when I save, product is missing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 11 months ago #318074

Hi,

That's because of the size of the column in the database. You can open the hikashop_discount table via your phpmyadmin and edit the column discount_product_id and change its type to text instead of varchar and you'll be able to enter thousands of products in a coupon.

However, I would rather recommend to create an unpublished category and select it in the coupon.
Then, you can just add that category as a second category in the products for which you want the coupon to apply.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #318172

Thank you. All clear.

Is there a way to limit shipping metod to that coupon?
We have free delivery for new products (we manage this manualy and it is ok). We use that coupon (limited to products and now to category) to give customer automatic coupon for delivery cost. But on checkout is that visible as coupon in the end, but delivery is still stated as some cost.
Sorry for my english, hope I explain ok.

3 years 11 months ago #318176

Hi,

It's not possible to limit shipping methods based on the coupon in the cart.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 4 months ago #346863

nicolas wrote: Hi,

That's because of the size of the column in the database. You can open the hikashop_discount table via your phpmyadmin and edit the column discount_product_id and change its type to text instead of varchar and you'll be able to enter thousands of products in a coupon.

However, I would rather recommend to create an unpublished category and select it in the coupon.
Then, you can just add that category as a second category in the products for which you want the coupon to apply.

Is there any change on that? Im adding 100+ products to some discount, and cant enter more than 50.

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by mojweb.

1 year 4 months ago #346868

Hi,

There is no change. You can easily do it with a slight modification in the database as I was saying. It shoudl take no more than 5 minutes to do it if you have the PHPMyAdmin access from your hosting.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mojweb

• Hikashop Business
1 year 4 months ago #346908

OK, thank you.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds