Discounts and Coupons

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
2 months 2 weeks ago #360899

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.4
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi, I have been testing around with discounts and coupons and it seems straight forward on how to apply to products and the checkout part.

In our country, we give 20% discount to senior citizens who are over the age of 60 for essential products like food, health services, etc.

So, I created a coupon code called "SENIOR" so the customers can avail of the discount when they check out. However, there are times when a certain product is on sale and the price is already discounted. We want to prevent senior buyers from availing the coupon discount if a product is already discounted.

I would appreciate any suggestion on how to do go about it. Thank you so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13200
2 months 2 weeks ago #360902

Hi,

Coupons apply to the whole cart, so normally the amount calculated with what you have in the "percentage" field of the coupon is based on the total of the cart.
However, if you select categories in the "category" setting of the coupon, and you activate its "Coupon percentage applies to product only" setting, the amount will be calculated based on the total of the products in the cart AND in these categories.
So that means you would have to create categories (unpublished maybe ?) to be able to separate your products between those on which the coupon can apply and those on which it can't.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
2 months 2 weeks ago #360914

Thank you for the suggestion. Will test it out.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds