Variant quantities related to general product.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #1236

I dont know it is possible or not in the current version of Hikashop, but here it goes:

I am interested in create many variants of every product, with different stock quantities. But there is a problem: I can introduce a quantity for the general product that works indepediently from the variants quantities, when is obvious, at least for me, that the total amount of the products is the sum of the variant quantities.

Maybe i have misunderstanded something.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
13 years 5 months ago #1237

When you have variants for a product and that you want to manage the stocks of variants, you should leave the main product quantity to unlimited and set the stocks individually for each variants. The main product quantity field won't be used and the variants quantity will be updated when your customers order the variants on your shop.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #1240

Yes, my point is that rather than the general product remains as "unlimited", it updated itself with the sum of the variants. It would be save a few clicks and windows in order to know how much stock you have.

13 years 5 months ago #1241

On the listing of products, you can change the filter on the right to display variants. You don't have to go in the main product and then click on the manage variants button to see the quantities of your variants.

• Thank you received: 5
12 years 6 months ago #27424

However, it would be nice to have the main product quantity being updated with the sum of the variants individual qty from a back-end listing point of view.

Is this in your todo list ?

Cheers

Laurent

12 years 6 months ago #27439

It's not as no one requested such thing so far.

• Thank you received: 5
12 years 6 months ago #27913

Just for info, we've successfully used Fabrik ( www.fabrikar.com ) to create the product listing the way we wanted in some minutes and some clicks (Fabrik is a powerfull application builder for Joomla that we have used on various project to achieve quite complex workflow). It can also be considered as a CCK and has lot of feature to easily build an event registration application.

It would be nice to have some kind of connection between these two tremendous products. For example to trigger a "add to cart" from Fabrik with a return value indicating whereas the purchase is made or not (or some user account balance).....

Cheers,

Laurent

Attachments:

12 years 6 months ago #27920

Hi,

That's great.

Triggering a add to cart from somewhere else is not complex. You just need to redirect the customer to the URL that you can see when you edit a product and you click on "Add to cart HTML button".
The question is: How to add such cusotmization in Fabrik. That should be asked to them.

For the notification of the payment, we also have some documentation on how to create such plugin:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...entation.html#common

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds