Product thumnails not being generated on 1.5.2

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #20268

Hi, I appear to be having problems when I add images to products, I would expect the products to be displayed as thumbnails on the product category page - but they dont. The images are only shown in full on the main product section. I have spent about 3 days trying to figure it out and adjust settings, but it doesnt seem to work for me. I have also searched through all of the forums as well. Do you have any ideas?

Here is the site area

rccguk.org/index.php?option=com_hikashop...t=listing&Itemid=248

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13083
12 years 10 months ago #20279

It's just that you added your images in the description of your products instead of adding them in the "images" area of your products.
If you go to Display->Content modules and edit the module 114 and change the item box layout to "image and description", you should see your images on the listings of products without doing anything else.

12 years 10 months ago #20376

Hello again. Thank you so much for your prompt response, this is so kind of you - and no doubt I'll be upgrading to the professional version. However, just one slight other thing. I did all that you have suggested and Images now show up on the Products Listing Page. However, it appears that when I actually go into the product, I get the 2 images listed: 1 in the description (which is what is displayed in the Product Listings) as thumbails, and also the original image - which has been displayed in the "Images" part. Not too sure how this can be altered. I have included some configuration images again. Please find attached images (file attachment) of what I actually mean.

Would be so grateful for your help

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by alphamedia.

12 years 10 months ago #20407

So you need to remove the image from the description of the product.

12 years 10 months ago #20438

Hi, thanks for the response...but if I do that, then the
Image will not be shown as Thumbnail in the Product Listing area. I think
What I think I am trying to achieve is to have a thumbnail image of a product
On a product listing page and then when the user
Clicks on the thumbnail they would then be brought to the full product with
A larger image. I suppose this could be an add on
For a future release?

12 years 10 months ago #20452

It seems that the problem is that you turned off the "thumbnails" option of the Files tab of the configuration. Because of that, no thumbnails are displayed on products listings.
If you activate that option, the thumbnail will be displayed on the products lsiting even if you remove the image from the description.

12 years 10 months ago #20621

Hello again. I am so grateful for your help. This has now worked and I am very happy with your quick response. You certainly need to knock the other competing product (VM) off the top slot at Joomla.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds