Displaying the filter fields horizontally

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 9 months ago #273176

Hi,

The filter checkboxes are displayed vertically even after changing the no. of columns at the configuration. How can this be changed?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13065
6 years 9 months ago #273197

Hi,

In the settings of your first filter, you've configured it to be shown on two columns.
That's why the second filter goes on the next row instead of being on the same one.

6 years 9 months ago #273286

May I know what the setting should be then? As I've tried emptying the field and setting it to other numbers and nothing changes.

6 years 9 months ago #273293

Hi,

You need to set the "number of columns" setting to 1 in the filter itself so that it takes only 1 column.
And then, in the HikaShop configuration, you can use the "Number of columns" setting to configure how many columns you want in total for the display of the filters at the top of the page.
And there is a similar setting in the HikaShop filters module.

6 years 9 months ago #273422

Hi Nicholas,

I would like to display the entire filter vertically at the side (see e.g attached). I tried setting "number of columns" to 1 and nothing changes still. I want the checkbox field and label to be side by side and each checkbox filter should have maximum 2 columns across (have set it at the filters setting level). I believe this could be a css issue? When I tried changing the css of label to "inline" the labels and fields display side by side.

Can what i want be achieve through the configuration itself? Or do I did to edit the css files and html files? Pls help. Thanks.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by ashx88.

6 years 9 months ago #273433

Hi,

For what you want to do, you want one column for the filters and in each filter. So it's already configured for what you want.
Next, you also need custom CSS in order to arrange the checkbox choices in each filter into 2 columns and have the checkbox/label on the same line. They are actually not on the same line because of the CSS:
label {
display: block;
margin-bottom: 5px;
}
of the file templates/yoo_gusto/css/bootstrap.css of your template which forces the text on a different line than the checkbox.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds