manufacturer with "&" sign in name is not filterable

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 2 months ago #286941

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.tweedehandjes.com

Hi,

I have 2 manufacturers/brands with an "&" sign in the name (like H&M) and it is not possible to apply the filter on this.
Please check on my website (for example www.tweedehandjes.com/meisjes.html ) and filter H&M (under "merk" which means "brand" to see what I mean.

The other brands are fiIterable. Is it possible the system does not like this "&" sign? What should I do to avoid this?
Regards,
Joyce

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13067
6 years 2 months ago #286998

Hi,

It indeed comes from the & in the name because you have the "redirect POST mode" setting activated and thus the parameters of the filters are passed in the URL (and the & in the URL are not interpreted correctly).
However, I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my end. That's because the value of brand filters are the ID of the brands, not the name.
So I don't see why it's using the name of the brand on your website. It shouldn't be possible... unless of course you're not using the brand of the product but a custom field. In that case, in your custom field, you have two field for each value:
- the value which is passed in the URL
- the title which is displayed to the user
So make sure you don't have the & in the value field and it will work fine.
Or you could turn off the redirect post mode.

Also, change the line:

$parameters[$name] = $_POST[$key];
to:
$parameters[$name] = urlencode($_POST[$key]);
in the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php and that should fix the issue.
We'll add the change on our end for the next release.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds