Coding shown for search word highlight on titles

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 8 months ago #295553

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox Quantum 61.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Note: Errors may be unrelated to topic.
Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; plgSystemNiceWatermark has a deprecated constructor in /plugins/system/nicewatermark/nicewatermark.php on line 23

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /plugins/system/nicewatermark/nicewatermark.php on line 75
The cart is empty

Search results show <span class="highlight"> coding in result titles where search word is in the title, instead of the actual result being highlighted. I apologise if this issue is solved in other documentation. I could not find anything on this issue elsewhere.

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by LMM Design Envision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 8 months ago #295566

Hi,

This issue is something coming from Joomla :
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=952756
With a recent version of Joomla you should have the patch mentioned there.
However, some of the patch requires modifications in a view file of com_search. If you have a view override for it in your template, then it's possible that you still have the issue because of that.
So first thing to do is check if you have the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_search and if you do, try to rename it to deactivate the view overrides for the search system.
If that still doesn't help, please post on the Joomla forum as this issue is not relative to HikaShop. As a proof, if you search for the title of a Joomla article on your website you'll get the same issue:

/search?searchword=about&ordering=newest&searchphrase=all&limit=20&areas[0]=content

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 8 months ago #295606

Hi Team Nicolas,
Thank you so much for that. I renamed the com_search folder and this solved the issue.
I appreciate your help with this Joomla issue. Apologies that it didn't dawn on me that it could be Joomla, not Hikashop.
Kindest regards,

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by LMM Design Envision.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds