• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #297952

-- url of the page with the problem -- : ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

All,

I'm looking at improving the search capabilities of my site, mostly because nothing seems to pull back images with search results. I've tried searching these forums, and the results are not great, but some information pointed me to Offlajn Universal Ajax Live Search. It SEEMS like this will work, but because it is a paid plugin, I cannot test it first.

I currently use RokAjaxSearch, and confirmed with RocketTheme...it will not pull images for search results.

I even tried the standard Joomla search, and of course, it doesn't pull back images.

So...does anyone here use Offlajn Universal Ajax Live Search plugin?

If so, how well did it work for you?
How easy was it to setup?
Does it pull back images with your search results?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 6 months ago #297955

Hi,

I think it does yes, but why no ask their support ? They will know better than us if their module supports the images or not.
Also, note that you can configure a text filter in a HikaShop filter module and the search results will be displayed as a products listing of HikaShop, and thus will display the images, etc.

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #297966

Hello,

I did, and they feel it will work properly...but could not provide any sites they know using it, so I've got literally nothing to go on for how it will work or look.

Is there anything specific about the "tect filter" you mentioned that I should know so I can try and setup? This is the first I've heard of it.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 6 months ago #298004

Hi,

There is nothing complex about it.
There are three steps:
- via the Joomla menu manager create a menu item listing all the products if you don't already have one. You can have it in a hidden menu.
- via the Display>Filters menu of HikaShop create a filter of the type "text" on the columns you want to search.
- via the Joomla modules manager configure the "HikaShop filters module" to use that text filter, activate the "force redirect" setting, and enter the id of your menu item in the appropriate setting.

Note however that this is only available with the Business edition of HikaShop.

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #298045

nicolas wrote: Note however that this is only available with the Business edition of HikaShop.

Ahhh ok

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds