Variant Filter/Search possibiities

• Thank you received: 13
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 5 months ago #299722

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.23
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 63.0 (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No variant *title* search results

The latest I've been able to find in the forums is that Hikashop filters still do not search within variants. Is that still the case, or is dependent on the filter field type?

Concerning the search plugins that work with Joomla search, in my testing I've found that only the variant description is being search, even though I've selected name, description, and code in the field to search in within the plugin. And, when a variant description does match the search, the search result doesn't include the variant name in the result title and the link goes to the base product, not the variant.

3by400, Inc.
3by400.com
Websites that Work, Marketing that Matters
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
5 years 5 months ago #299731

Hi,

The filters system is based on using a products listing to display the results. And a product listing can only display products, not variants.
So unless there is a complex and profound modification on the way the filter system works, it won't be able to search through variants.

Regarding the variant search with the Joomla search, it depends on many parameters.
For example, if you've set a canonical URL in the product and have the force canonical URLs on listings, then the canonical URL will override the dynamically generated URL and in that case, it will display the default variant. But if you don't force the canonical URLs, then the product page will display the default variant being the variant of the result.
Regarding the search, I don't see why it would work on other fields of the variants. There must be something else I'm missing from your explanations. And for the name being displayed, what name did you enter in the variant ?

It would be great if you could provide a screenshot of the settings of the main product and of the variant setting for your search example so that we could better understand the situation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds